Author Topic: Customizing Bald Child Klicky  (Read 3878 times)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: Customizing Bald Child Klicky
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 03:07:40 »
If you don't feel like popping off hair or have any trouble with it, you can generally find a few klickies who have lost theirs through the years, on Ebay or similar places.

*sending happy thoughts your son's way*  :pop:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 11:55:47 »
I'm so sorry for what you are going through  :'(, but happy that the freaing thing is gone and the champ is getting better!

Good vibes going your way my friend!!!
:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 17:36:51 »
I need to find a child klicky wearing big black boots, cause my boy is going to stomp the **** out of cancer!  :D 

:)9
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 21:24:12 »
Howdy folks-  So my 3 1/2 year old has recently been diagnosed with brain cancer.  He had surgery a couple weeks ago, which went beautifully, and the tumor is gone.  In order to ensure that it doesn't grow back, he will need to go through 6 months of chemotherapy.  So he will lose his hair.  And probably feel like crap.  Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how to customize a child klicky to reflect a bald head.
Also open to any suggestions of which child to use-  he is a fighter, and I would want any klicky representation to reflect his tough guy attitude.
Thanks for any thoughts!   ;D
Cheers-
-ED-

My prayers are with you and yours.

Cowabounga (Arnaud) gave great advice.  Since you are in North America too, hobby shops (ie Hobby Lobby) should have some model putty (Squadron (squadron.com - one of the premier modelling sites) makes modelling putty that is some of the best and since it is from the USA it should be easy to locate - it's also easy to use).

It would be easy to fill the holes, sand it, then prime the filler that is left (you can even just paint it on with a brush because it would be so small), then paint the head with skin colour to match.  I would put a clear coat on if it is to be handled so the paint does not scrape/wear off as easily.

Let us know and show us some pics.

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 02:01:18 »
I still haven't completed a bald klicky ( though I have scalped a few playmobil children in preparation)  My little boy is hairless, though, and halfway through the poison (chemo) treatments that should ensure a healthy, happy, and cancer-free childhood.  I found the new firehouse for $30 at a local discount shop, so the old firehouse is being converted into a hospital, thanks to some sets from DS- as the boy's favorite food, pre-cancer, was pizza, I have also ordered the pizza shop add-ons.  He gets his nutrients through a tube these days, I'm hopeful that playing with a toy pizza restaurant will remind him that he needs to learn how to eat again.
Cancer sucks, but Playmobil continues to be awesome- I used to always look a year ahead for new sets being available from Germany- now I can look at cool sets (like the camping and Swiss countryside themes) with the knowledge that I will buy them from a local shop with my cancer-free little boy...
Cheers!
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 02:24:11 »
Funny that you should post today - I came across this thread just yesterday when I was looking for info on bald adult klickies, and as the last post was several months old, I wondered how your son was doing.

I wish him the all the best, that his recovery is swift and complete, and hope he enjoys his Playmo hospital and pizzeria!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 10:39:31 »
All the best to your little son, Coyote! Glad to hear he has a new hospital and pizza parlor coming, I'm sure he'll be very pleased!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.