Author Topic: "My Secret Police" a New TRU exclusive set  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
"My Secret Police" a New TRU exclusive set
« on: July 28, 2014, 14:17:15 »
Do you miss the cold war antics of the KGB & CIA?  How about the bad old days of STASI?  Maybe you want your kids to experience all the fun of Guantanamo?  Then this is the set for you:

U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Re: "My Secret Police" a New TRU exclusive set
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 14:20:56 »
This is really a set, but it is part of the new "My Secret Set" line at ToysRUs.  TRU also has a new My Secret Princess Castle and My Secret Horse Stable so, obviously, the "My Secret Police" name is actually just an example of what happens when you don't edit your web content with greater care. Still, I thought it was pretty funny.   :lol:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 15:48:42 »
That is really hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol: They might need to change the name of that one!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 16:08:26 »
I do not know if that is really funny ( in a twisted way) or that is really sick ( in a twisted way) either way it's twisted for kids to be playing "my secret police" must be an NSA department.

With all the tension with NSA between USA and Germany I wonder if they meant to do it.

Do the klickies have MSP badges ? Maybe there is a wire tap part, or a cup you put on your neighbors wall to listen. A booklet on how to wrongfully convict someone perhaps. A washbasin to wash inmates minds and thoughts. They should have put that listening device that was in the swat teams set.

This set in my opinion shoots pretty high on the "most inappropriate toy" list.

Thanks for sharing Indianna
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 16:31:09 »
. . . Do the klickies have MSP badges ? Maybe there is a wire tap part, or a cup you put on your neighbors wall to listen. A booklet on how to wrongfully convict someone perhaps. A washbasin to wash inmates minds and thoughts. They should have put that listening device that was in the swat teams set . . .
Great ideas for a diorama, Rasputin!   ;D

. . . . This set in my opinion shoots pretty high on the "most inappropriate toy" list. . . .

That was my thought, also!   8} 

In fairness to Playmobil, though, I think this is a case of just plain dumbness by whomever named the sets on the TRU website - they just used the same "My Secret . . . " naming system as for 2 other sets on their website (and 4 other sets that we might have seen somewhere else recently  ;)) and didn't notice how it would look when combined with the more innocuous "Police Station" title.  It will be interesting to see what Playmobil calls this particular set if they ever offer it on their own websites.

edited to change the word "Set" to "Station" to be more accurate.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 18:19:22 by Indianna »

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 16:33:43 »
It's your topic so I need to ask if you will or can I ask  at the pcc?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 17:33:34 »
Glad to hear it's part of a series of 'My Secret' sets, because for a minute there I thought they were serious  8}

Good find  :)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 18:15:20 »
It's your topic so I need to ask if you will or can I ask  at the pcc?

Please feel free to talk about this at the PCC (or anywhere) - I rarely post anything there because I don't like the way the PCC discussion area is organized - or should I say NOT organized?  ::)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 18:19:38 »
It's actually a nice set.  :)
I don't think it is really a TRUs "exclusive" though, as right now it is in every toy store in Buenos Aires as well as the stable one and the importer brings PM only from Germany.  8}

Anyway: no kid will find the negative references we might find guys, so I personally don't see any problem with the name.
For those who don't know it, the sets in the line "transform" into a "strong box" that the kid can only open with a key that's why the word secret appears. I think kids might find that very appealing.
 :)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 18:28:52 »
It's actually a nice set.  :)
I don't think it is really a TRUs "exclusive" though, as right now it is in every toy store in Buenos Aires as well as the stable one and the importer brings PM only from Germany.  8} . . .

You're quite correct, Gaston!  I just located the same set on the Playmobil USA website (where the set is also $2 cheaper!) and they did not make the same mistake with the name: My Secret Play Box - Police Station.

From the beginning, I felt that it was just poor wording by ToysRUs rather than an actual "Secret Police" set, but I had to take advantage of the opportunity to have fun with it.  :)