Author Topic: Union Army  (Read 8889 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Union Army
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 22:35:04 »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! It worthed all the waiting Panos! It's looking amazing!!!
:love: it! I really like the red hankie on the artillerie guys... I never saw that and it looks really great.  ;D

And it's authentic.  American Civil War artillery men were identified by a red neckerchief and usually, too, a red top to their cap.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 22:37:15 »
Impressive regiments! 100 infantry-men if I counted right?
I hope to see them engaged in some battle-scenes soon  :)

As for the weapons, Yankee (Union) infantry usually carried a rifle (frontloader) and a bajonet. Cavalrists a sabre and a rifle.
Officers - infantry or cavalry- a sabre and (a) pistol(s).
The Confederates were more unorganised in uniforms and weapons. When not mistaking, I believe it were these Southern folks who still had weapons from the Mexican wars.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 22:37:46 »
A very impressive display, Panos, and I'm glad I could help you.    :wave:

Do you need to buy Confederates, btw?  Can't you just defeat George's army and take them all prisoner?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 22:40:39 »
Knowing George's appetite for quantities... won't the battle be decided in favour of the Confederates within 5 minutes?  :uhoh:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 22:48:36 »
Knowing George's appetite for quantities... won't the battle be decided in favour of the Confederates within 5 minutes?  :uhoh:

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

My confederate army is nort big , just round 150 or so soldiers with 3-4 guns if i remember correctly .. not a big army ... lots of bayoonaites though  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 00:19:20 »
Great looking army Panos!  Even though I'm a southerner, I do like what you got.  Most enlisted did not have handguns.  Of course, some brought their own.  You could use the holster for the enlisted to hold their bayonet or a knife when marching.  They usually did not fix bayonets until late in battle if the enemy was close enough.  Only ideas, they look good as they are!

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 01:37:39 »
I like 'cloned' and shining new union troops too....beautiful, just beautiful!

..later on, I started to make sure none of them had the same combination hair/face/beard (I dont have 100 of each unit  :P) and there are different calvary hats in the same colour...

...no hurry WK, enjoy your spic and span union army...after the confrontation with George's confederates, you can start to add donkeys and those arm/leg bandages  ;D (I'm looking forward to seeing George's Southerners....mine have almost 'spic and span' infantry, calvary and artillery units but I have a scruffy volunteer/militia unit too, and these will be the most interesting ones to see...I hope George made these too  ;)

and I enjoyed reading all our PFs' comments regarding their weapons and colours! never stop learning & improving :love:

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 06:28:59 »
IMO, if George only has 3-4 guns (which I doubt. This is George!), then Panos' artillery will make the difference. Unless George's Rebs can run very fast!
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 07:37:33 »
And it's authentic.  American Civil War artillery men were identified by a red neckerchief and usually, too, a red top to their cap.

And have you noticed the light blue collars and cuffs on the infantry?  ;)

I tried painting the caps too, light blue for the infantry and red for the artillery but I so baat apinting details, stayin in the lines, even using duck tape  :( :-[

A very impressive display, Panos, and I'm glad I could help you.    :wave:

Do you need to buy Confederates, btw?  Can't you just defeat George's army and take them all prisoner?

Thank you Gordon!!! Once again!!

I will need confederates but later this year. the funpark here still has them, but if by the time I need them they dont have them anymore, I'll let you know. Although George's prisoners is a tempting idea  ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:43:58 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2011, 07:46:24 »
Impressive regiments! 100 infantry-men if I counted right?
I hope to see them engaged in some battle-scenes soon  :)

As for the weapons, Yankee (Union) infantry usually carried a rifle (frontloader) and a bajonet. Cavalrists a sabre and a rifle.
Officers - infantry or cavalry- a sabre and (a) pistol(s).
The Confederates were more unorganised in uniforms and weapons. When not mistaking, I believe it were these Southern folks who still had weapons from the Mexican wars.

Yeap 100 infanrty men, 50 cavalry, 10 cannons (although I have more  ;D ), 20 artillery men
Thank you for the specifics Erwin!!!

we shall see...  :lol: :lol: