Author Topic: Indian set 3483 at a good price  (Read 1885 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Indian set 3483 at a good price
« on: July 25, 2010, 11:22:04 »
Hello Playmofriends :wave:

This is my third attempt at posting this as my computer keeps crashing and I lose the lot >:( >:( >:(

Anyway, this is my latest purchase from ebay, which is Indian set 3483 in excellent condition in it's box, just missing a feather. It was a 'Buy it now' at £5 plus £2.50 P+P.

I really really like this set, as the Klickies and accessories are so simple, and offer so much play value :love:

There are lovely images on the box :love:

Does anyone know what is missing from this bow? It looks as if it should be an elastic band of somesort, as there are slots in the arrows which makes it look as if it is supposed to actually fire :-\

The bow is wierd becuase it doesn't actually fit inyo the Klickie's hand - also, how many red arrows should there be in this set, please ???

Damo :)

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
Re: Indian set 3483 at a good price
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 11:37:00 »
Yes, it should have a small elastic band.

It should fit into a klickys hand, though. The slot-side should face away from the klicky.

3rd pic, green guy in the middle.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:44:41 by Ali Baba »
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 13:30:55 »
Yes, it should have a small elastic band.

It should fit into a klickys hand, though. The slot-side should face away from the klicky.

3rd pic, green guy in the middle.

Thanks, I shall look into it :)

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 13:32:32 »
Oh, before I forget: very good buy!!!
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 13:43:16 »
I found a band and it is a perfect fit!!! :woohoo:

His grip is a bit lose, but he holds it :)

Many thanks, Ali Baba :wow: :wow: :wow:

Damo :)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 16:13:35 »
Thanks fior all the pics Damo, and congratulations on a great value buy. This brings back happy memories of playing on my bedroom floor with my Playpeople Indians.

I love the old box pictures. What a shame they have now go with boring "informative" pictures, rather than the "look what you can do" pictures. I especially like the rearing horses in the circle of wagons picture, I used to do that all the time with my cowboys and indians, and the modern plodding horses can't rear. One example of how more "realistic" looking horses can be inferior for play purposes.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 16:42:52 »
Oh wow!!! Congratulations Damo for such a great set at such a low price!!!
I must have had 3 or four of these as a child... just a few surviving today...I had to get most of them again from ebay, teepees, totems, canoos etc!

Thank you for the great pictures!! I too miss these great boxes  :( :( :(! The modern ones lack such imagination...

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 16:44:44 »

Thank you for the great pictures!! I too miss these great boxes  :( :( :(! The modern ones lack such imagination...

I know, these old box images were just the best, and the catalogue ones of the time were also so beautiful :( :( :(

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 16:46:39 »
I know, these old box images were just the best, and the catalogue ones of the time were also so beautiful :( :( :(

The dioramas mostly!!! Now we ahve computers to do the set up...but its not nearly the same thing as these oled set ups...

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 16:50:09 »
The dioramas mostly!!! Now we ahve computers to do the set up...but its not nearly the same thing as these oled set ups...

Sorry, yes the dioramas. I loved how they used different materials and textures to create land and scenery :love:

I image it would have given happiness and imagination to the children of that time buying those sets, of how they could make up such scenes themselves. But now you are kind of up to yourself to create something :-\