Author Topic: Pictures of My Work Room  (Read 5119 times)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: Pictures of My Work Room
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 16:10:04 »
Hello Everyone,

Oops this thread seemed to have slipped me by and it seems i neglected to reply to some of the question  :-[. I will answer them individually as normal  :)9

Hello Rasputin,

I am sorry i missed your reply. I really should have popped back and checked sooner. It is a shame Playmobil didn't release a new bulldozer with the new mining sets seeing as they are commonly used in this line of work. We can only hope that they add to the theme in future but the way things are going with Playmobil at the moment who knows. They may even discontinue the mining theme after a year like most new themes they bring out lately.
I might be able to help you sort out some ROPS for your tiny dozer. If i get chance later i will have a play about with it to see what i can come up with. Once i have an idea i will give you a parts list.

Kindest Regards  Tim

Hello Timotheos,

You have raised quite an interesting topic here. I will certainly list a few of the key tools i use for you. Infact i have been considering doing some 'How To Threads' but its hard to single out what people would find usefull.
The most important tool in my collection has to be my Dremmel Multi (mains powered). It is the most useful tool i have and it does the bulk of my work. I use two tools on this, small cutting discs and sanders. Obviously the bulk of my cutting work is done using the discs and the sander comes in to remove any excess or scrap material. I tend to use a Junior hacksaw for any cutting work that the Dremmel cant take on. Infact i do tend to use it quite a lot as well.
Just below the dremmel on the 'important tool to have list' is a decent set of files. I have a really mean metal working file which can be used to 'grate' large amounts of plastic away in a short time. Its extreme but used with care it can take on most jobs. It tends to put heavy scratches into plastic so i finish off with a small less aggressive file. Its vital to have these in different shapes because they can be used to get into difficult areas of different shapes. To finish off that aspect of things i also use different grades of wet and dry paper. I usually find a green pan scourer quite usefull for finishing things off. They can be quite harsh and do scratch surfaces but not as bad as wet and dry.
The next most used tool on the list is the Pin Vise Drill. It is a small hand operated drill which you hold in the palm of your hand and twist with your fingers. I would say 95% of my drilling is done with this alone. This is complemented by a set of small drill and large drill bits. Unfortunately due to the small size of the pin vise i have to widen some holes out with a broach or round file. Its hard to describe a broach without pictures so i will have to leave that for now :lol:
Add to this little lot a small set of screw drivers, a pair of stay sharp scisors, craft knife, pencil's, tweezers, small hammer, hair dryer and various different types of paint and you have an allmost complete list :lol:
I hope this helps you  :). I am going to try and get something together for the 'How To' section of the forum if it will help. Please don't hesitate to ask any more questions.

Kindest Regards Tim

Hello Richard,

Thank you for the kind reply to my thread. I very rarely get to show anyone my work room let alone Playmobil collectors. I think Gordon is the only other collector who has ever seen it. I tend to see most of it as a complete mess ;D It would be nice to get another persons opinion and to see their reaction when they took a step inside. I tend to have lots and lots of sets stashed in their that i don't specifically collect but count because it Playmobil. Most of these are found by my parents in charity shops and at car boot sales. I am sure someone would see something i thought was normal and go mad for it because it was rare :lol: I do have a small collection of MIB sets hidden under the very desk i am typing this message at. These rarely see the light of day because they are kept hidden away to protect them from the temptation to open them :lol: I do have a white circus elephant somewere down there :lol:

Kindest Regards Tim

(28/5/03/850)