Author Topic: Flying steck castle project.  (Read 8345 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: Flying steck castle project.
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 12:22:00 »
Excellent work !!! Love the custom design and the height of it, steck looks fabulus in high set ups. I couldnt help but notice the absence of toasts... tehre are plenty available on ebay and i reckon they do make a difference especially when builind grand steck designs....

My signature says it all.............
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Mina

• Playmo Fanatic
    • our Playmoblog
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 15:38:19 »
*falls from her chair*

wooooooooooooooooooooooooow this is a huge castle :) can't wait to see more of it :)
I don't wanna grow up!

http://playmolocle.romandie.com/ -- our Playmoworld

http://moonymina.deviantart.com/ -- my non-playmo creations

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 21:33:53 »
About toast, Giorginetto, still not sure about it. I acually do not like that it is brown, while the walls are grey. I'm still thinking about alternatives. Also I think I want a part that is flush with the walls. But it might be too labour intensive.

I buy from our local ad-site. Loose toast is very rare on it. Might buy them from ebay.

Mina, this is only the first mock up. I will post other versions as my work progresses. I'm pretty sure I'm going with this basic lay out.

Karim, there is going to be even more magic in them.  ;D

Thanks everyone!
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 06:22:46 »
About toast, Giorginetto, . Might buy them from ebay.

There is plenty on ebay. And its not expensive . I fully agree with you the brown toast colour dont look that good but add rigidity in the steck buildings thats is for sure !!! Librejoggen has usually plenty for sale . I have accumulated a almost half a shopping bag of toasts , never enough steck , never enough toasts also !!!!!  :lol: :lol:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 22:29:56 »
 :wave: Hi this is great castle. You said it was supposed to be a flying castle? I had a small idea ??? If your going to mount it on a board have you thought of putting rocks under it?

Let me explain... I flashed on an image of the new Dragon castles which have a below ground / dungeon level and my first thought was you could stand your castle on just the bottom part of it so it looks like a big floating rock with the castle built on the top. Thinking you could get the parts from DS.

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-20-4142

Then I realised a cheaper way wound be to build something similar but with normal rock parts. You could always keep your dragons in it  :lol: :lol:
Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 00:28:00 »
This is a wonderful castle Ali, it looks very magical, especially with the green windows.
Looking forward to seeing it finished.  What kind of kitchen are you using?  I have a few spare Victorian pieces if you need any.

Elaine  :)
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Online Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 02:07:00 »
Hi

I like how to enter the castle you need a magic carpet. Great feature to keep any solicitors away  :)9

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 06:28:47 »
Thanks for the tip, Emma.

In D&D a flying vessel has a so called plane of gravity. In this case it will be the mounting board for the castle. Anything above it will be pulled down with normal gravity. Anything below will be pulled up. (Of course up and down doesn't mean much in space).

I was planning on doing something with foam and dress it do make it look rocky. It also serves as a landing gear, as were.

As you see, I will be going for the cheaper option.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 06:30:08 »
This is a wonderful castle Ali, it looks very magical, especially with the green windows.
Looking forward to seeing it finished.  What kind of kitchen are you using?  I have a few spare Victorian pieces if you need any.

Elaine  :)

Thanks Elaine, I have the entire victorian kitchen accept for the wall element with the stove.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman