Author Topic: customing a western house  (Read 8354 times)

Offline Alizobil

• Alizobil from France!
  • Playmo Enthusiast
    • Our Blog: www.alizobil.com
customing a western house
« on: June 01, 2010, 18:20:52 »
For an exhibition I decided to modify a western house as I didn't want that town will look the same with always the same building.

My idea was to make that house with 2 levels but on the 2nde one I didn't want to have 1 door and 2 windows but 3 windows instead... So my first task was to change the middle door in a middle windows...

To do this I had to use 2 front piece of a vintage western house.

Take the measures and cut...

My cutting should perfectly fit otherwise it would have taken me ages to correct my mistake... but at the end it looks easier than I thought.

And it could fit even without using glue! But still, I used some special paste wich I don't know the english name to makes it smooth and nice looking.

My other idea was to make this 2nde level deeper than the original one... So I extended it!

Cutting and using some glue & paste to put the 2 parts together.

Of course, I didn't want this house to look like a simple double level western house... Therefore I choose not to have a flat roof but a pointed one... my problem was that I was missing one triangle part for that kind of roof... Nevermind I tried to make one myself...

more to come guys...

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
Re: customing a western house
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 15:00:48 »
 :wave: Hi this looks very interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on. I've customised a western building myself but only by painting it. I'm sure you'll end up giving loads of new ideas! :(o):
Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 16:24:31 »
The step by step approach is very interesting, Ali Baba, and I look forward to the finished article.

The paste you use for fillin in the joins is just called "filler" in English.  You can get different types for different purposes and materials.  I use a two-pack which you mix called Milliput.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline 2005huysmans

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 16:42:47 »
it's a great job dominique
it's wondeful ( et tu as vu sans le traducteur google  :lol:)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 16:50:34 »
Looking for ward to the step by step process...leading to the completion!!!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 16:59:30 »
This is very good work, and I'm sure it will look excellent when completed! :wow: :wow: :wow:

Offline Alizobil

• Alizobil from France!
  • Playmo Enthusiast
    • Our Blog: www.alizobil.com
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 12:38:38 »
here are some other pictures of that custom hourse...

I have chosen to use what I call "sand" colour to pain that building:

and assemble all parts to check how it goes... sorry for bad quality but this has been done by phone and during evening...

I have choosen to use different kind of windows to change of the typical western windows from Playmobil and used some others from a farm I guess... but I have painted them in white because original flashy green was not fitting...

This is how it looked like inserted in a western city that I did for an exhibition with another playmo-friend.

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 13:05:26 »
Cool!  :)

Several years ago funnily I once did exactly the same custom... But you did it with much more perfection!  :wow:

How did you make the windows fit? They are SysX-Windows, right? I guess you must have widened the windows a little more?! Or did you cut the orientation tongue from the window frames?

Do you have some more pictures of the whole town? It looks very beautiful!  :love:

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 13:34:29 »
Fantastic custom Western House Dominique! I have never got round to cutting and painting to customise, I'm far too afraid I'd mess it all up (and too lazy to try), but with results like this it's very tempting to try, probbalt on something easier to replace at first.

Socrates' house is good too, far better than anything I could produce, but Dominique went that one stage further with the filler and paint and unless you know what to look for, it might be original Playmobil.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 14:35:50 »
Wow great house Dominique!!! Great creative skills!! I will try to reproduce one day...whan i ave moe than enough western houses and more patience...

Great work socrates!!!