Author Topic: Playmobil Down?  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil Down?
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2024, 12:25:45 »
On the UK site if you hover over "New & Exclusive". there is a drop down with, under Excluvise, Playmobil Plus.

Ah yes, thank you! Today the Playmobil Plus tab also generates the list of DS themes, such as the nostalgic doll house. I suppose it was still under construction yesterday  :lol:

I'm not over-enamoured of the site at first use.

I never am when they change a website, so I was trying to be PoSiTiVe. In reality, I think it looks off, less appealing (more white and smaller pictures), the theme/play world icons in the menu are far too small and I absolutely hate the fact that the tabs open up and cover your screen every time you accidentally hover over the top bar  :toot:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2024, 12:37:07 »

I absolutely hate the fact that the tabs open up and cover your screen every time you accidentally hover over the top bar  :toot:

So do I, why software is produced like this I cannot fathom.  Idiocy?  Carelessness?   
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2024, 13:22:25 »
(...) I absolutely hate the fact that the tabs open up and cover your screen every time you accidentally hover over the top bar  :toot:

Ditto.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2024, 09:36:27 »
And another thing....

When searching for building instructions, you used to be able to enter the first 4 digits of a 5-digit set number (or the first 3 of a 4-digit one) and the results would show up to 10 consecutive sets. So 7056 would yield 70560, 70561, 70562....,70569, if these instructions existed. This made checking for new instructions much easier than having to enter every number separately.

The results one gets now are also bizarre, for example entering 7014 yields instruction links for 9848 and 6445!

I have yet to find one improvement in the new websites compared with the old.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2024, 10:33:45 »

I have yet to find one improvement in the new websites compared with the old.

Nowadays, Graham, in the world of so-called "software engineering" that's called a success.  Failure is when the new software doesn't work at all.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2024, 13:42:58 »
I'd have to agree with all of you. The new layout is definitely not an improvement.

Was the box size information provided before?
~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2024, 14:10:08 »
Was the box size information provided before?

100% almost sure it was mentioned on some sets, in that small text

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2024, 00:45:36 »
I got an email from Playmobil so decided to look

temporarily upload pics
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2024, 00:46:53 »
At first I was pleased that they put the themes in categories

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2024, 00:48:33 »
But when I click the link “explore all themes”

I get nothing