Author Topic: DINOS ON LOCATION  (Read 33213 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: DINOS ON LOCATION
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 06:36:38 »
7 of 5 here! I haven't yet invested in ANY of the Dinosaurs, so a great Richard-view might tip me over the edge!

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 09:14:06 »
hmm... starting to get worried about you, richard...  :o
...if the iguana attacked you already on your terassa because you smelled like lettuce, take care that you dont meet any kind of meat-eaters down in the jungle...  :0

looking forward for the pictures...
:camera:

socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 13:52:28 »

Well for once I am not too late to get in on the action. Richard if you would be so kind as to do the reviews (before we become extinct) it would be much appreciated!

You're quite timely, Gepetto ...  :klickywink:

Is a concentration of iguanas like the ones in your photo that common?

Only when I'm stupid enough to carry lettuce with me ...  :klickygrin:

OK, Gepetto ... You've sealed my fate ...  ::)

In the morning, I'll be off into the steaming tropical jungles of the Virgin Islands where I'll be on the lookout for prehistoric animals and erupting volcanos ... :wave:

Wish me luck,
Richard

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 14:05:45 »

7 of 5 here! I haven't yet invested in ANY of the Dinosaurs, so a great Richard-view might tip me over the edge!

Thanks, Martin ...
(I knew that I should have made it "more than ten" Playmofriends members!) ... :klickywink:

Tip YOU over the edge? Hmmm ... wish you were here to go on this expedition with me ...  ;D

Hopefully, my report will get posted, even if I don't make it back (gulp) ...  ::) :crossed:

If you hear from me again, I'll be "On location ... somewhere in the tropical jungles (oops ... STEAMING tropical jungles) of the Virgin Islands" ... 8-)

Goodbye (for now?) my friends ...  :wave:
Richard

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 01:45:22 »
And, certainly everyone saw Andi's Great Brachiosaurus Review in this "Report and Review" section of Playmofriends. (Andi also did a review of the Volcano, as well as several others about the Playmobil Dinosaur theme.)

see attachment

I missed Customizer's reviews ... He made what I was longing to see: the Brachio (big Dino) near a Playmo elephant :)

I'd like to see it, too, near a giraffe, once I have a pic, here (in a book), of a brachiosaurus near a giraffe, and it's an interesting pic, because giraffes are (maybe?) the highest living land animals (?).

It is great to see the Playmo comparisons ...

Your idea, Richard, to shoot them with the "locals" was spectacular :yup: ... It scares me and my klickys, though :0 :-\ ...

Do iguanas eat klickys??! :-[

8}

:lol:

Gus
:blackhair:

Ps. In th book pic I have here, the brachiosaurus isn't as big as the one below ... For the pic below they must have based on a (the) big(est) fossiles found (?)
attachment
Gus

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 09:01:58 »
Ps. In th book pic I have here, the brachiosaurus isn't as big as the one below ... For the pic below they must have based on a (the) big(est) fossiles found (?)
attachment

I guess, based on the cost for material, most of the playmo-dinos are a little out of scale... The largest found Brachios had a height of about 18m... They are just unbelievable huge...
Recently, I went with my son to the dino-museum in Berlin, and we estimated afterwards the Playmo-Brachio must be kind of an juvenile animal...  8-)

best,
socrates

P.S.: The Albertosaurus-skeleton is about the size of the playmo-giraffes...  :yup:
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
OOOPS !!! Re: DINOS ON LOCATION
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 19:31:29 »

I should never have taken the Playmobil volcano out for an "on location" photo shoot yesterday ...

Click HERE to see (and read) why ...  :o

This unforeseen calamity has set the entire expedition back for at least one week ... :(

I'll keep everyone informed about our progress.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 20:23:52 »
Holy Smoke Richard, glad you're OK!

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
Re: OOOPS !!! Re: DINOS ON LOCATION
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 03:14:50 »

I should never have taken the Playmobil volcano out for an "on location" photo shoot yesterday ...

Click HERE to see (and read) why ...  :o

This unforeseen calamity has set the entire expedition back for at least one week ... :(

I'll keep everyone informed about our progress.

Could you feel anything, or only got to see that there was ash all around?
(Well, maybe you won't be able to answer right now ...)

Good luck,
take care.

You'll be in my thoughts.

Gus
Gus

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 03:28:35 »

Holy Smoke Richard, glad you're OK!

Great play on words, Martin ...  :klickywink:

Yes, everyone's fine here. However, we couldn't see much of the sun yesterday. Good news is that it was better today.

Thank you for your concern.

All the best,
Richard