Author Topic: 3827 Mountie.  (Read 8668 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: 3827 Mountie.
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 04:44:22 »
Yes, but does a copyright exist on the uniforms represented in Playmobil's police and firemen klickies or the Royal Guard Special?  These are all currently worn as well.

I think the Police and Fireman uniforms are not distinct enough to pin down to one particular source, or indeed one country. 

The Royal Guard might tread on a few toes as it's pretty obvious it's one of the five Royal Foot Guards Regiments, most likely the 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards. I don't know if the uniform has been copyrighted, but the guard was only out for a very short time, so maybe there was a legal issue.

Personally I think Playmobil SHOULD enter into some form of license or other agreement with such entities, and produce figures which could be sold as better quality souvenirs than the usual tat you will find on the streets of London. It still takes just one klicky to start a collection, and the more channels Playmobil explore to sell that first klicky the better.

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 04:55:06 »
Very good purchase with nice pictures~~~~ I love his look, no wonder its licence was bought. :wave:

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 04:59:13 »
IPersonally I think Playmobil SHOULD enter into some form of license or other agreement with such entities, and produce figures which could be sold as better quality souvenirs than the usual tat you will find on the streets of London. It still takes just one klicky to start a collection, and the more channels Playmobil explore to sell that first klicky the better.
100% AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 11:22:31 »
Hi

Yes Justin it is crazy and out of balance as in the example of "Happy Birthday To You"

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Indeed, that is another crazy case, Rasputin!
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2010, 11:23:52 »
Personally I think Playmobil SHOULD enter into some form of license or other agreement with such entities, and produce figures which could be sold as better quality souvenirs than the usual tat you will find on the streets of London. It still takes just one klicky to start a collection, and the more channels Playmobil explore to sell that first klicky the better.

I strongly agree with this too, Martin.  As you've advocated before, putting klickies in various museums would be a very smart business move for Geobra.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy: