Author Topic: Hi from Scotland  (Read 4670 times)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
Hi from Scotland
« on: October 05, 2009, 23:02:10 »
 :wave: Hello everyone, I have been collecting Playmobil - through my children initially - for about 8 years now and have a collection from many different themes.  Since joining another forum earlier this year I have become interested in customising (my youngest son worked out an easy way of removing heads from Klicky kids!)  we have been  making up photo stories and we have an ambition to put all our different sets on show at our local village hall next year, to raise funds for its renovationl  My husband who thought it was time the children got rid of their Playmo has now realised that he is fighting a losing battle and even helps out with the photos at times.  Looking forward to getting to know fellow collectors and sharing ideas, news, photos etc.
 ;D :
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
Re: Hi from Scotland
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 00:22:23 »
Welcome! :wave:

I'm Gus, from Rio.
Great thing you help your kids keep their playmo ... I got rid of mine, thinking I'd never need them again, and, well, I got old, and they were missing in the closet. Good that we can, sometimes, start again ;D

I believe you will enjoy Playmofriends. It's a wonderful place to share a bit of our lives with playmobil :yup:

I'm looking forward to seeing your stories!

See you around,

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 00:43:39 »
Welcome from North Yorkshire.   :wave: Looking forward to seeing your collection and hope the plan for the village hall show comes off as it would certainly be popular with both adults and children.  Me and my wife used to display my collection at fire station open days and found adults were at least as interested as youngsters.  In fact, the adults went for the Playmobil keyring prizes while the kids went for the single use cameras!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 00:55:32 »
Welcome from Texas!!I am Baden,and welcome to the club!

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 01:32:27 »
Welcome from the South Eastern USA, skypurr  :wave:! It's great to have you with us  :)9! We look forward to seeing your projects! Anyway that we can help you, don't hesitate to ask ;)!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 05:57:39 »
My husband ... thought it was time the children got rid of their Playmo...

:0 :doh: :0

It is NEVER time to get rid of Playmo.

The church Hall event sounds like a lot of fun! Hope we get to see some pictures of your collection and the event.

cheers,  Martin

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 06:10:03 »
A very warm welcome to you from Windsor  :wave:

I am French, but lived in the UK for the past 8 years and I specialize in the discontinued Victorian Theme.

What a wonderful idea, interesting and useful project !!!

Please do feel free to share your ideas and opinions with us as we are all have our own vision of the Playmoworld even if we all unite behind our love for these little smiling people !!!

I cannot wait to hear more about you and your project...

I also cannot wait to visit Scotland one day after so many Friends told me how beautiful it is !!!

Karim :)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 10:55:39 »
Hello Skypurr, I remember you from playmoboard, which is sadly still inactive  :wave:

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 12:36:35 »

Hello from the Highlands!  :wave:

So happy you have joined us! We do have some other Scots here, but I think most of them are now living abroad or in other parts of the UK.

We have a few things in common. We've been collecting for about the same length of time and I also first got interested in Playmobil through buying it for my children. :)

Looking forward to hearing more about you and reading some of the stories you make with your son!
Have fun reassembling those dismantled klickies into new ones. :)9

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 13:02:36 »
Howdy Skypurr, :wave:
Welcome from sunny Arizona!

Best regards,
Jimbo