Author Topic: Greetings from Wales UK from the daugher of one of the founders of Playmobil UK  (Read 5692 times)

Offline Dawniebird

• Playmo Pal
Wow amazing I am the 200th Member!  Lets hope we get more!!!!

I must say I think my favourite piece of playmobil I had when I was a child was my houseboat!!! I have noticed there have been a couple of entries on the site about this particular item - it was a brilliant piece of playmobil - with an engine so it would sail around the bath keeping me and my best friend Sara occupied for hours!!!!

I also loved Playmo Space, the spaceship and space station that was probably one of the first themes Playmobil UK Ltd brought out in the early 80's!  I lost count of the amount of those I helped to put together for my dad so that the shop displays could be put together by his display manager David Viner!!

Most of my Playmobil has now either gone to the school my sister is a teacher, or to the local hospital, but my niece, who is now 13 still has a lot of Playmobil left - we have the fairytale castle still at 'nannies'!! She wont part with it cos 'Grampie' "made it" ha ha!

Look forward to being part of such a fantastic club!!! And promise i will try and get some photos and post soon!

Dawn
xx

Offline aleon

• Playmo Enthusiast
Welcome Dawn.
I am from Spain, and yes I think all of us had a wonderful childhood plenty of playmobil :love:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene

I also loved Playmo Space, the spaceship and space station that was probably one of the first themes Playmobil UK Ltd brought out in the early 80's!  I lost count of the amount of those I helped to put together for my dad so that the shop displays could be put together by his display manager David Viner!!

Interestingly, the Space theme is regarded (possibly incorrectly) as a bit of a failure in the Playmobil world. I'd love to see a more realistic Space theme, but I don't think we'll see that until we see another manned moon landing. The ISS is all very exciting to those who follow these things, but it's not gripping the headlines and the public imagination.

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
you made me wonder dawn, if maybe i should start collecting the space and playmospace themes.  ::)
there are very few (compared to the pirates) sets and they are really lovely.
i guess someday they will turn into classics.  :yup:
i bought an old one for my stepson for christmas that was staring at me, abandoned in a toy-shop a bookshelf.
i couldn't resist that strange green alien.  :love:
looking at the archive imeges from playmobil and collectobil, it seems that playmobil really invested in these sets.  :hmm:
so many new moulding and strange sets should not go to waste.
  ;)
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline aleon

• Playmo Enthusiast
i should start collecting the space and playmospace themes.  ::)
there are very few
  ;)
yes there are not many, but it a theme made for many coutries. so there are many interesting items like brazilian trol boxes, red spanish spaceman, mattel versions, etc..

I love this theme :) and you can see some of my boxes here:
http://www.playclicks.com/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=377

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
Welcome, Dawn!
 :wave:

It's a wonderful thing to have you here with us! You'll possibly may add a lot with history of Playmobil in the UK, which is biography of your father.

(What a funny coincidence that one of my main characters in playmostories is Fletcher, the name of your dad's associate, and coworker with him!)

Well, I hope this may be a home for you. Playmobil is a very important part of my life, and, as you can see, of many many people, thanks to Beck, Brandstätter, and a few other people (like your father) in other places around the globe, some, a bit unknown! (In Brasil, in the beginning, a factory called Troll brought playmo to our market, and Troll lasted for at least a decade. Now, all playmo we have is from Europe and the US.) Your presence here is, for sure, an honour to the memory of your father, I mean, I think you do a great thing in being here and letting us share a bit of what you lived, which was your father's life ... (A successful man's work is one of the best and loved parts of his life, along with his family.) I'll be glad to hear about him, anytime!

I'm very glad you decided to join us in Playmofriends! :)

See you around.

Gus
:blackhair:
bookman & Latin teacher
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Be welcome from the South of Germany :wave:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Welcome from North Yorkshire, Dawn.  It's good to have you here, both as an individual in your own write and as the daughter of the man who started Playmobil UK.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
Hello Dawn,

Welcome to Playmofriends,

I'm a Mint in sealed box (MISB) collector of Playpeople and Playmobil, I keep the Playpeople sets sealed but open the Playmobil boxes.

My colletion is mainly based on certain themes, Knights, Pirates, Native Americans and Western sets made by Playpeople and distributed by Playmobil UK. I have also been doing a little bit of research into the history of Marx Toys UK and Playmobil UK so your late Fathers work is of great interest to me and others.

I would really appreciate seeing any photos that you may manage to get hold of.

Regards,

Garry.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.