Author Topic: Playmobil will make the sets dedicated to Scooby-Doo films  (Read 6117 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Playmobil will make the sets dedicated to Scooby-Doo films
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2020, 09:10:30 »
Not surprising they didn't make a new mould, I suppose. I guess you are saying that you can assemble the figure, but you can't easily disassemble it again? A problem for the end-user, not the manufacturer then!

I too have been looking forward to this series appearing in Europe*. I hope to buy the full set online as I am not able to go out fondling bags at the moment...

* The UK may not be part of the EU for much longer, but some of us will always regard ourselves as Europeans!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2020, 09:15:54 »

I hope to buy the full set online...

Just bought them, from a UK seller too! Thanks for the reminder, StJohn!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2020, 10:02:20 »
Just bought them, from a UK seller too!

Buy British! :**:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2020, 19:06:43 »
It is about the "Ghost Diver", with the attractive head of the type first seen in the world of SUPER 4, seen on Dr. X, Sir Ulf and Grimmagus. I was looking forward to see it with a Figures-compatible neck, and was appalled that Geobra hadn't produced one: They just used the known SUPER 4 head, whilst supplying a grey Figures inlet! :omg:

That happened to me with one of the romans from the movie, remember?  Very odd..

Could be a stupid mistake - was it one, or all of them? How about the other people, were they all like that?

The "too expensive to produce a new mould" seems inaccurate, considering how many new parts are produced just so they are not compatible with existing ones... not to mention parts that you can't tell they are different unless you see them next to each other...

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2020, 22:23:39 »
Could be a stupid mistake - was it one, or all of them?

I grabbed the four bags of the Ghost Diver that were on offer, but haven't opened the other three. Instead I'm now trying to offload them, insulting product that it is – it would have been so nice to have this head among the figures!  :hissyfit:  Haven't heard what other buyers found in their bags, hope to hear from you in due course.

How about the other people, were they all like that?

Or do you mean the other SCOOBY-DOO bags? No, all 11 others have smooth-necked figures heads, oddly/deliciously printed though. Will post some pics later.

Best wishes
StJohn
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 22:29:53 by StJohn »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2020, 14:54:57 »
Or do you mean the other SCOOBY-DOO bags?

No, I mean others of the same.. cause with that roman in the movie, only one of them had a non-figure head...

Where's JLMatterer? Didn't he get several?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2020, 07:45:42 »
Someone told me he got a figure head on that guy.. I didn't get them yet.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2020, 13:12:20 »
Hi. What have I missed? Please explain the question to a rather obtuse me! I have dozens of the ghost figures, probably about 9 of the diver. 13 snow ghosts, about a dozen Pumpkinheads, 10 clowns.... I've learned to identify them easily in bag. Found 2 clowns yesterday.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2020, 13:21:41 »
Hi. What have I missed? Please explain the question to a rather obtuse me! I have dozens of the ghost figures, probably about 9 of the diver. 13 snow ghosts, about a dozen Pumpkinheads, 10 clowns.... I've learned to identify them easily in bag. Found 2 clowns yesterday.

To cut it short - do they all have figure heads?

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2020, 14:46:57 »
To cut it short - do they all have figure heads?

Yes, please tell us the state of their necks!  :yup:

From what I gather, they all have regular, hard-to-disassemble necks. Play Planet at Klicky-Welt (login required) complained that his diver cannot be taken apart after assembly, and if you look at item 324160940359 under the finished listings at a respectable online auction house, you'll actually see a regular neck. I haven't yet seen the diver's head with a smooth figures-neck. :eh?: