Author Topic: JLMatterer Photo Gallery  (Read 113018 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Re: JLMatterer Photo Gallery
« Reply #260 on: September 23, 2018, 00:44:46 »

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #261 on: September 23, 2018, 06:21:11 »
Wow ! These dwarfs look amazing with all their level of details and accessories .... Quite a difference from the tree / wooden dwarfs of the late 90s.....  :)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Turning on the Mayor to Playmobil
« Reply #262 on: October 15, 2018, 03:25:42 »
Three days ago I had business in downtown Steubenville & ended up having an hour to kill, so I went to Old Fort Steuben with my camera & couple of klickies; I took the nutcracker & the colonial soldier from Series 14. The Fort hosts a Nutcracker Village at Christmastide, & the soldier looks a little like Baron von Steuben, for whom the original 18th c. fort was named after. The current mayor of Steubenville is a man who has been key in creating the current Fort park & museum, & he was there when I walked in. He's met me before, & after I took pictures, I asked him if he knew about Playmobil, then showed him my 2 figures. He was delighted, & the director of the Fort came out & he showed them to her. I had to write "Playmobil" on a piece of paper for him to be able to look up more about it.

Of course, after I thought about it, Ir realized that giving him a nutcracker would be a good thing to do, so I'm dropping off one of my extras to him this week. Here'are the pictures i took that day.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: Turning on the Mayor to Playmobil
« Reply #263 on: October 15, 2018, 04:02:20 »
I had to write "Playmobil" on a piece of paper for him to be able to look up more about it.

:lol:

Seriously though, if you could wangle this into an official PM klicky for the museum, like they've done for many German museums already, you would achieve a mighty triumph for klickydom. Please double down and maybe reach out to the Gnomes of Zirndorf regarding this possibility! I dream of a series of US historical klickies...  :cloud9:

Also, nice job putting the bayonet out at the end of the musket barrel! Looks great.  :)9 Ideally it would be on the starboard side, but the perfect is the enemy of the good!  ;D
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Re: Turning on the Mayor to Playmobil
« Reply #264 on: October 15, 2018, 22:03:27 »
:lol: Seriously though, if you could wangle this into an official PM klicky for the museum, like they've done for many German museums already, you would achieve a mighty triumph for klickydom. Please double down and maybe reach out to the Gnomes of Zirndorf regarding this possibility! I dream of a series of US historical klickies...  :cloud9:

Yes, I've actually been thinking about that for awhile, & tossed the notion to them last week. I plan on taking the Frederick the Great figure/box & a few other of the specials to show them. The current Baron von Steuben (yes, there is still one) visited the Fort a few years ago, from Germany, so maybe we can get him to push the idea to Zirndorf. :-D

I did go to the Fort today, & gave the Mayor a Nutcracker, still in the package. He saw the bag, & said, "Alright! Alright!" I had to leave before he could open it, but he knew what it was & seemed pretty happy.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Fairy Forest
« Reply #265 on: October 21, 2018, 14:54:49 »

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Genie in the Garden
« Reply #266 on: October 25, 2018, 21:51:42 »

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #267 on: October 27, 2018, 22:16:27 »
Nice. Is that genie a new wise man?
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #268 on: October 29, 2018, 23:39:44 »
Looks like the old new wise man with a different hat. Not to be confused with the new new wise man that just came out in Germany. So far they are up to 12 wise men and three wise boys. At least now we have a wise man for each day of the 12 Days of Christmas.

Great photos Jim, I like that Fairy Forest diorama.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #269 on: October 30, 2018, 17:51:38 »
Nice. Is that genie a new wise man?

LOL. This was purchased from Ebay as is, & I'm not up on the wise men as yinz are. :-)