Author Topic: 5812 chariot  (Read 3878 times)

Offline seawarrior

• Playmo Lover
5812 chariot
« on: May 14, 2008, 14:34:00 »
 Hi :wave:,

I recently almost bought all of targets playmobil  :lol:. The chariot was one of the sets I got.
It is the best set at target, in my opinion.  :) I know it is a small set but it is definately worth buying. For some reason I think it might even be better than the big chariot. I like this one because the driver can have a weapon too, the big chariot has too many handles. I would give this set 8 and three out fourths of ten.

Seawarrior
Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings!

Offline seawarrior

• Playmo Lover
Re: 5812 chariot
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 14:35:41 »
more
Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings!

Offline seawarrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 14:37:14 »
its a nice figure too

Offline seawarrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 14:42:06 »
cool weapons

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 15:11:03 »
I agree this is a very nice set. Racing chariots had 4 horses, but two was sufficient for normal use, and is a lot easier to handle as a toy.

If and when I get round to arranging a chariot race it'll be two horse chariots, and raspberries to historical accuracy.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 20:45:44 »

Thanks for the review, Seawarrior ...

And, at only $9.99 USD, it was good value for the money!

All the best,
Richard

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 04:28:33 »
I agree this is a very nice set. Racing chariots had 4 horses, but two was sufficient for normal use, and is a lot easier to handle as a toy.

If and when I get round to arranging a chariot race it'll be two horse chariots, and raspberries to historical accuracy.

If you take the scythes off the axles, you could probably pass it off as a civilian chariot.  Though I think the well-to-does were toted around in sedan chairs by slaves.  I thought I read somewhere people sometimes went around town in chariots, even if pulled by asses not horses.