Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Trains! / Re: BASF playmobil train
« Last post by playmofire on Today at 19:01:31 »
Very interesting, although BASF didn't particularly go to town on the graphics.
Trains! / BASF playmobil train
« Last post by pingo on Today at 18:06:42 »
 <:> My newest purchased train set is this BASF advertising train
They were distributed or sold to radio and television dealers in the late 80s to early 90s
The transformer that is included is marked 14. 06.1989
There are 12 curved tracks and 6 straight tracks included.
It could then drive around with different of their cassette tapes or reel tapes on the 2 flatbed cars in an exhibition.
I have previously bought a couple of wagons with the BASF logo here in Denmark
I don't know if it is only in this country that they were distributed/sold.
 :camera: more pictures here https://photos.app.goo.gl/oVQyQtvHa5vaAQf77
Report & Review / Re: Set 71680:10 Asterix characters
« Last post by Klickteryx on Today at 09:23:45 »
It honestly seems a little pointless with Asterix and Obelix already appearing in so many sets and them being easy enough to pick up in a small one.

Also odd that Ceasar and a random clicky are in there as well instead of other familiar faces of the village. Like I don't think the blacksmith and his wife ever made an appearance yet at all. Nestorix and his wife would also be better picks.
The blacksmith is an obvious one that is missing. I'm glad they've done a couple of characters from the newer books by Ferri but the blacksmith and his wife should be the next ones done which would then complete the main village buildings. A roundhouse would be nice at some point if the series continues and a couple of children with an assortment of helmets.

I think Graindemais would have been a better fit in this set than Caesar. Okay he's not a Gaul but he's dressed like one. Actually the Norman kid isn't a Gaul either but he's a lot closer than Mr Caesar.
News / Re: Not Quite Playmobil News
« Last post by JLMatterer on Today at 00:30:47 »

News / Re: Playmobil in the News
« Last post by JLMatterer on Today at 00:20:31 »

« Last post by JLMatterer on July 17, 2024, 22:01:50 »
I bought this set as part of an eBay Asterix bundle; I already have all of the figures, including the French promo, so I won't be opening it any time soon... if ever.
Photography & Graphics / Re: JLMatterer Photo Gallery
« Last post by JLMatterer on July 17, 2024, 21:54:15 »

« Last post by Oliver on July 17, 2024, 16:06:42 »
It honestly seems a little pointless with Asterix and Obelix already appearing in so many sets and them being easy enough to pick up in a small one.

From a marketing perspective, I'd assume this is aimed at adults who might want the figures to display but not whole sets, so it works quite nicely for them to have it as a complete set
News / Re: Playmobil in the News
« Last post by JLMatterer on July 16, 2024, 18:30:46 »

Story-Telling / Re: Lost Kingdoms
« Last post by TableKnight on July 16, 2024, 16:41:00 »
Thank you very much! It took a bit of time piecing things together from Playmobil media + my own extrapolations, and it was a lot of fun inventing new characters and histories to fill in the gaps  ;D

I plan on making a much larger family tree for Torras' kings, as well as releasing the map of the world on here for you all to see (I made it a few years ago but I am excited to share it!) I just wish I had a space where I could make some accompanying dioramas   :( Oh well, the joys of renting  8}

Just one point...

Wasn't Laura Edgar's sister?

Good catch! I forgot to change that! It stems from an older version and a different interpretation of 'Rescue from Rock Castle' as I wasn't sure if in the game Princess Laura would be the king's daughter or a different relation. Because of the way I wanted the timeline to go, and validated by the fact that in the game (from memory and some clips I could find) the king never says '"my daughter", I decided that it might be better for Laura to be Edgar's sister! Thanks for spotting that I didn't change the write-up though  :lol:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10