Author Topic: Collaborative photo story - some thoughts  (Read 5433 times)

Offline Skywalker

• Playmo Master
Collaborative photo story - some thoughts
« on: April 11, 2011, 12:08:01 »
Heyho,

when i read the modern war thread with all the great pics ( Bill you made me laugh a lot ! ) i had this idea for another collaborative story. of course this can just be started when the thread starters of the modern war agree to start a new story :wave:

i just had the rough idea of a endless story where anybody can participate. we could all vote for a "main character" maybe most of you have / or would like to use. + our avatar playmos as side actors + anything you like of course. every new part of the story starts with the main character walking in from the left of the pic - then the story takes place - after that the main character walks out of the pic to the right.  the next part can be done by whoever has an idea to develop the story.again the main character comes in from the left / story / walks out to the right. the basic story could be "mrX ? and the search for the great y ?"  or something like that.

i hope i explained my idea ok.

what do you think ?

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Collaborative photo story - some thoughts
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 12:32:24 »
I like it! The other collaborative story was so much fun but seems to have died. Even if we go ahead and start on this one, it doesn't mean we can't take up the modern war again if we feel like it. I think it would be great to get our creative juices flowing again!

May I suggest an explorer type klicky, who maybe could travel through time so as to be able to fit in any theme?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Skywalker

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 13:47:13 »
...great...a time travel could solve the problem of finding one klicky. time travel to the knights - you can take a knight. maybe we should just say the klickys has black hair and is male for example...

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 13:56:26 »
A time traveller of the era of late 1800s- early 1900s so that he /she fits well with most themes . Shoudl be a historian professor perhaps with sound education so that knows about the time lines he/she visits ... JUst a thought .... ;)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 13:57:20 »
...great...a time travel could solve the problem of finding one klicky. time travel to the knights - you can take a knight. maybe we should just say the klickys has black hair and is male for example...
That's true.... I was thinking more along the lines of a klicky from a jungle theme or something, but you're right, we could just pick a hair style (maybe a hat-hair style and a coordinating non-hat style) and pick a face printing, and we can dress the character however we wish. This is going to be fun!
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 14:01:30 »
Isn't it supposed to be a wacky free-for-all story? So I would leave it absolutely free. That way the next person has to come up with a good story to tie in his photo(s) with the previous chapter of the story.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 14:04:14 »
Well, we should have one common character that runs through the stories, but maybe we shouldn't fill in too many details about him at the beginning. The details can be filled in as we go.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 14:04:43 »
Yes, some great ideas! The last modern war theme was too limited, & died mostly because not everyone had enough similar collections to battle each other, but Skywalker's idea solves this issue quite nicely! Well thought out Skywalker, & bb! :high5:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 14:06:25 »
Yes, I kept running into dead ends because of not having clowns, not having construction sets, etc. With this we will all be able to participate freely!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 14:10:06 »
I can see that character travelling to Krull to the  ' Green Grape '  or the ' Tipsy Bear'  Inn to have some of the famus Krull Ale  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: