Author Topic: Kindergarten Serie  (Read 3887 times)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Kindergarten Serie
« on: July 13, 2006, 09:24:07 »
Hello  All  :wave:

This is a strange request really because i am lacking the set number and to get it would mean a trip into town. However seeing as i am sitting here at the computer i thought i would ask anyway. I have never paid this set much attention because the £60 price tag is too steep in my opinion but a store that i know to near me has a box set from the Kindergarten Serie. This is a box set of mixed klickies containing construction worker's, police bike, doctor, fire man etc. It is similar in style to the animal box set shown on Collectobil under the Action theme. Any information on this would be much appreciated  :)

Kindest Regards  Tim  :)9

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Kindergarten Serie
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 09:40:27 »
Sounds like it's set 3049. :)

Here's one currently listed on eBay.

Nice set, but £60 seems like a very high price tag. I can see why no-one has bought it yet. ;)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 15:16:24 »
:wow: Thank you Sylvia that's the set !!  :) I thought £60 was a bit much considering they are selling it with the other Playmobil and are not influenced by age or rarity. As far as i was aware there are two of these in stock but like i say £60 is to much to pay in a shop. Now if it had been £30 i would have snapped them up a long time ago  :lol:

Kindest Regards  Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 19:11:36 »
Glad to have helped! :)

I found the pic of the set you mentioned at collectobil (3047) and googled for set numbers just above and before it until I found the one matching your description. ;)

I'm assuming by the name of this series that they were designed primarily for use in schools. The variety of animals and people they contain would make them well suited for that environment. 8-)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 00:39:33 »

I'm assuming by the name of this series that they were designed primarily for use in schools. The variety of animals and people they contain would make them well suited for that environment. 8-)

They were indeed.  One of our local chapels is host to the playgroup in its villlage, and they have one of these sets.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Corkskrew

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 09:12:07 »
The Funpark here had a couple of those some years back. The price was Lm30, which is around 100$. It was probably priced according to the price of the individual sets back then, which were quite expensive, compared with today's.

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 09:23:07 »
Hello  All  :)9

Thank you very much indeed for your kind feedback regarding this set. I think Corkskrew is right when he says it is priced according to the prices back then, as it had certainly been in the store room for some time.

Kindest Regards  Tim  :)

(28/5/03/850)