General > Playmo Research Dept.

Bridles and Reins?

(1/4) > >>

rexalan:
I am in need of quite a few bridles and reins (as well as saddles), and have been trolling ebay, but have not made any purchases yet.
I am seeing that there are now three generations of horses.  I know that second generation and first generation horses and bridles do not mix, but I do not know if third and second generation horses and bridles mix.

Can someone provide information about what generation of horses and bridles do and do not mix?
Thank you in advance.

tahra:
This would be a job for grahamb!

I can't really figure out the bridles+reins of the horses (except the first generation ons..)

1st+2nd generation saddles are the same.. right?

After that...............

GrahamB:

--- Quote from: tahra on July 31, 2023, 06:44:48 ---This would be a job for grahamb!

--- End quote ---

I cannot get PlaymoDB to respond at the moment (is it just me, again?), so I can't help just yet....

GrahamB:
Also, I'm away on holiday at the moment, so I can't try fitting different saddles and bridles on the 2nd and 3rd generation of PM horses.

However, looking at a few inventories on PlaymDB (it's working again), it seems that from 2011 on, the third generation of horses all come with "2011 style" saddles, reins and bridles, suggesting that these parts were restyled for the later horses. I couldn't find any sets with 3rd gen. horses and 2nd gen. (which PlaymoDB calls 'new style') saddles, etc. But I didn't check all the sets with horses in!

If you are in a hurry, rexalan, I would order the 2011-style parts for the newer horses. Otherwise, if no-one else can answer your question, if you can wait a couple of weeks until I get back to handle the plastic toys, I will try to give a more authoritative answer then.

rexalan:
For the record.  Not in any sort of a hurry.
I am still building the infantry parts of my little armies.
But I want to start placing cavalry stuff on my Watch List.

So, again, no hurry.  If I get impatient, I will just buy a couple of each and experiment on my own.
I feel sure I would be in good company on this forum. :) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version