General > Report & Review

NEW Back to the Future Sets (Truck and Hoverboard chase)

(1/2) > >>

AgeOwns:
Just got these in. I'm a huge Back to the Future fan and I love what playmobil is doing with these.
The attention to detail is fantastic. I'm absolutely thrilled holding a playmobil hoverboard in my hands. While the love and attention to detail is there (the Mr. Fusion is fantastic) I do have one or two criticisms. I wish the hoverboards actually clicked into place on the clear stands. They just rest on it and it takes a little bit of doing to get it to stay on. I also wish Marty and Griff could hold their hoverboards. It's interesting how they tackled Marty's color-change hat. I may try some custom options.

The added bonus postcards are great. In the 2015 set  you get a lenticular postcard of the 2015 USA Today that switches between GANG JAILED and YOUTH JAILED. With the truck you get a recreation of the famous movie poster.

To me, the most amazing thing is that the 2015 set includes a plug-in Mr. Fusion. ANY other toy company on the planet would release the version 1 car, and then if you wanted the flux capacitor, you'd have to buy a whole new car, you'd never get just the one little accessory. It would be easy too, people would buy the newer DeLorean if that was the only way to get it.

Overall I had a ton of fun with this set, it's pretty essential if you're a BTTF Fan.

Check out my thread in the PHOTOGRAPHY forum, I took my BTTF playmobil to Los Angeles and visited a few Back to the Future filming locations :)
https://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=17448.0

truck_09 by Andy Jones, on Flickr

truck_10 by Andy Jones, on Flickr

truck_17 by Andy Jones, on Flickr

truck_22 by Andy Jones, on Flickr

hoverboard_10 by Andy Jones, on Flickr

truck_14 by Andy Jones, on Flickr

truck_29 by Andy Jones, on Flickr

tahra:
Thank you for the details :)

Those do look great!

The girl in grey is painted, right?

(and shouldn't the Almanac be a BOOK, not a flyer?)

Those postcards are indeed amazing!

AgeOwns:
Yes I painted the little blonde girl. She was from my custom VVitch playset.
She was one of the twins. https://youtu.be/r4OXikot7Ow

Yes, the Almanac should have been a book, but I think he can hold it better this way. :)

hoverboard_15 by Andy Jones, on Flickr

hoverboardtunnel by Andy Jones, on Flickr

Joshua D:
Great pics AgeOwns! how does the police officer and her sky bike look?

tahra:

--- Quote from: AgeOwns on June 01, 2021, 00:58:23 ---Yes I painted the little blonde girl. She was from my custom VVitch playset.
She was one of the twins. https://youtu.be/r4OXikot7Ow

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the confirmation :)

--- Quote from: AgeOwns on June 01, 2021, 00:58:23 ---Yes, the Almanac should have been a book, but I think he can hold it better this way. :)

--- End quote ---

And again.. I thought it was a book. Silly to make it a leaflet, imo..

--- Quote from: Joshua D on June 01, 2021, 12:52:49 ---how does the police officer and her sky bike look?

--- End quote ---

She looks fit to do a bachelor party, from the pics I saw..   >:D

Don't know about the bike..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version