Getting Started > Welcome!

Hello from New England (USA)!

<< < (4/5) > >>

IJL:
Wow! I didnt think Id get so many greetings in Latin! Full marks to the person who said "Salve magister" (M) or "Salve magistra" (F)!

--- Quote from: Hadoque on April 12, 2021, 21:08:41 ---If Im not mistaking, the prepostion "ab" is not correct for usage as a translation for "from" when youre not somehow moving away from England...

I think it should be "Salve magister" (M) or "Salve magistra" (F) ...

I studied Latin for 6 years, but since then 30 years have passed  8}

--- End quote ---

IJL:
Salve! Like many people, this part of Caesar was one of the first actual ancient texts I read.

--- Quote from: Hadoque on April 12, 2021, 00:31:47 ---Salve de Belgica (Secunda)  :)
You know, the region about one once wrote "Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae, ... "  ;)
(And lets forget the next part was "... propterea quod a cultu atque humanitate provinciae longissime absunt, minimeque ad eos mercatores saepe commeant atque ea quae ad effeminandos animos pertinent important"  ::) )

--- End quote ---

Hadoque:

--- Quote from: IJL on April 13, 2021, 18:06:24 ---Like many people, this part of Caesar was one of the first actual ancient texts I read.

--- End quote ---

Tu quoque, playmofanatici mi?! ;D

IJL:
 :lol:
--- Quote from: Hadoque on April 13, 2021, 19:40:59 ---Tu quoque, playmofanatici mi?! ;D

--- End quote ---

Ismene:
Salve de Novo Mexico!(?) I'm fairly certain Caesar went to neither the new nor the old Mexico, and I haven't the slightest idea what declension to assign to it. I had to take a year of Latin at uni. 30 years have not passed, but sometimes it feels like they have. I hope you share your website when it's up because we clearly need a Latin grammar refresher.  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version