Author Topic: A new zoo  (Read 2798 times)

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
Re: A new zoo
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 19:34:15 »
I agree that the use of both make great viewing platforms that  I never thought of before!

Actually I was in need of something to help overcome the difference in height between the tables. And I think certain zoo's here on the forum inspired me too. When someone thinks I stole their ideas, they're right :P
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 19:47:50 by sunflower »
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 19:39:04 »
I agree. The use of the castle base piece as stairs to another level is brilliant. I also love the use of the safari building as a viewing platform with gift shop. Lots of great ideas and a nicely made diorama. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 19:46:00 »
It's wonderful!  I used to enjoy playing the PC game 'Zoo Tycoon', just so I could create zoo layouts, but the Playmobil version must be so much better!

What's that bird looking meaningfully at the baby Penguin though?  It's not some baby-bird-eating predator, is it?

Thank you! The bird has the lovely name  blue footed bubi (Jan van Gent in dutch). I put him there on a look out for leftover fishes. Actually they live in colonies so I'll need more of them for the future... Also found out I only have one gorilla. On my wishlist!
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 19:51:33 »
Actually I was in need of something to help overcome the difference in height between the tables. And I think certain zoo's here on the forum inspired me too. When someone thinks I stole their ideas, they're right :P

It was BRILLIANT!  And I don't think that anyone minds the use of their ideas being adapted in other dioramas... I personally think that it's a compliment. 

I just noticed that you turned Ombati Station into a gift shop too!  Excellent idea!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 20:12:50 »
Fantastic zoo! I really liked the use of the castle base too. I see you like my giraffe feeding station idea. ;D The addition of the gift stand there was very nice. Overall very detailed diorama. Great to see another zoo!

When someone thinks I stole their ideas, they're right :P

:lol: It's ok, as long as you own up to it!

My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 20:34:56 »
The bird has the lovely name  blue footed bubi (Jan van Gent in dutch). I put him there on a look out for leftover fishes. Actually they live in colonies so I'll need more of them for the future...

Uhm. They do? Need more too then  ;D

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 21:01:06 »
Uhm. They do? Need more too then  ;D

Me too!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 07:22:29 »
That is SO cute  :D  I love the tiny pebbles you used in some of the enclosures.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 12:17:25 »
I love the tiny pebbles you used in some of the enclosures.

So do I. It lends nice texture to the display.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 21:32:29 »
A very nice zoo you've set up there some beautifully laid out and nicely detailed enclosures and such a great selection of animals as well it's certianly a pleasure to look through all the photos  :).