Author Topic: Exhibition Playmobil in Torrevieja (Alicante, Spain)  (Read 1791 times)

Offline NICO

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Greetings from Geobratia
Exhibition Playmobil in Torrevieja (Alicante, Spain)
« on: July 02, 2021, 11:05:03 »
Hello!!!

If you travel to the Costa Blanca (Mediterranean coast of the province of Alicante, Spain), you can visit an exhibition of 11 dioramas organised by the Torrevieja Town Hall in collaboration with the Spanish Association of Playmobil Collectors AESCLICK.

Admission is free. Remember that AESCLICK is a non-profit association that carries out charitable work by distributing free PLAYMOBIL toys to groups working with disadvantaged children.

Opening next Tuesday 6th July at 19:00h.

Opening hours are Monday to Friday afternoons and weekends from 10h to 13:30h and from 16h to 20:30h.

The exhibition will end on 18 September.

Greetings.

http://www.aesclick.com/public/index.php?topic=12482.msg176888#msg176888

Offline NICO

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Exhibition Playmobil in Torrevieja (Alicante, Spain)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 11:57:33 »
The dioramas will be:

1.- The salt mines of Torrevieja (3x3m2)
2.- Victorian period (3x3m2)
3.- Easter Week (3x1m2)
4.- Afghanistan war (3x2m2)
5.- Western (5x2m2)
6.- Alexander the Great, King of Macedonia (5x2m2)
7.- Medieval fantasy (5x3m2)
8.- The forest (3x3m2)
9.- Circus (3x3m2)
10.- Jurassic era (3,5x3m2)
11.- Zulus (3x3m2)

Greetings and fun!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 04:56:38 »
Is there any possibility of pictures for those of us who can't quite make it to the Costa Blanca?  :picsplz:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline NICO

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 18:29:12 »
Sorry for delay. I was busy on work.

Here you are: http://www.aesclick.com/public/index.php?topic=12686.0;topicseen

There is the link compilation of each diorama.

I expect you can enjoy the pics!

Greetings!!

Note: Online translators not used on this post. Sorry again. Please Don´t pay attention to my faults.

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 04:34:42 »
Great pictures! Thanks a million Nico I very much enjoyed looking at all those amazing dios.  :rock: :banana:

One of them is of the Spanish religious procession with the pointy hats that was discussed in another thread.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2021, 21:09:05 »
Thanks for providing the links!

I didn´t like the 'Afghanistan War' dio much, because the vehicles & aircraft all are from other brands or are 3D-printed.
I´m somewhat worried about the big increase of 3D-printing for creating things in the Playmobil-scale. If it´s for making a few small accessories or a wall-piece that doesn´t exist, fine. But when a lot of 3D-printed parts are being used, the balance between real Playmo and non-Playmo gets lost.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline NICO

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 13:05:01 »
Great pictures! Thanks a million Nico I very much enjoyed looking at all those amazing dios.  :rock: :banana:

One of them is of the Spanish religious procession with the pointy hats that was discussed in another thread.

Hello.

I'm glad you like the photos.

Regarding the diorama you mention, I would like to make a couple of comments. DISCLAIMER: the comments below are not intended to offend or cause controversy. And they are purely a personal opinion.

Holy Week is lived and celebrated throughout the Christian world. Whether Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant... these are key dates in the spiritual calendar of Christian believers. You can have an overview here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Week#Celebraciones

There are many different ways of living and celebrating Easter. Probably the most numerous and famous processions in the world are those of the city of Seville. They have been declared of international tourist interest. You can have a look here:

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semana_Santa_en_Sevilla

NOTE: Use chrome and take advantage of the tool to automatically translate the content into English.

There are a multitude of cities, towns, villages and even hamlets that have their own celebration of Semana Santa. There are others that are also declared of international tourist interest, but it would be too long to mention only the most relevant ones.

This way of celebrating Holy Week involves the participation of thousands of people. And it generates jobs and economic growth throughout the year. With the passing of the centuries, today, in the 21st century, it cannot be denied that the origin of all these manifestations is certainly religious. But neither can it be denied that today, all this has gone far beyond the strictly religious sphere, and has been transformed into a celebration that encompasses the cultural/folklore/artistic and, as I said, economic spheres. Examples:

- Music. In the processions there is musical accompaniment. There is a particular style in music bands and bugle and drum bands.
- Artistic. The statues/images depict scenes from the passion and death of Christ. Some of them are masterpieces of sculpture. And there are still sculpture workshops dedicated to both restoring and creating new works.
- Folklore: There is a particular genre of flamenco singing, the "saeta". It is a piece sung, a capella, by a cantaor who dedicates it to a Christ or a Virgin, characterised by the pain and sadness of the lyrics and melody.
- Economy: Almost all the participants in a procession wear specific clothes or garments, which moves the traditional textile sector... and we cannot forget the magnificent art of hand embroidery, which is executed with true mastery on banners, pennants and above all on the garments worn by the images of the Christs and Virgins. The musical instruments, the candles and candles that are consumed by the thousands, and above all, the millions of euros that are spent in the hotel and catering industry during these dates, generating economic growth.

The most tricky questions for the outsider can be:

- The Nazarenes, or penitents, wear the clothes that attract so much attention. But they have been doing so for hundreds of years before the appearance of the klan. And above all, they have no connection with what the Klan stands for.

- On the other hand, linking today's religious celebrations to the activities of the "holy" inquisition, which took place long ago, can be a difficult debate. In general, it can be an arduous debate if approached from a generic "religion, yes or no" point of view. As a person with direct knowledge of the issue, I am not wrong if I say that a large part of the Spanish citizens who participate in all these celebrations, actively or as spectators, do not have a special religious conscience. British friends have seen these parades and enjoyed the whole staging, without sharing the faith at all, no longer Catholic, but not even Christian. Of course, many people also experience these celebrations with a true sense of faith.

I thought perhaps someone might be interested. That is why I have taken a few minutes of my time to write this for you. And once again I want to say that I respect everyone, believers or non-believers, of any confession or none at all. And that Holy Week (*) can be talked about for days and days and days, each time dealing with a different nuance... Greetings!

(*) Holy Week in the sense of "Holy Week celebrations in Spain" not in the purely theological/historical sense.

BONUS: In this video, you can see one of the most famous sculptural ensembles of the Holy Week of Seville passing through one of the most important sites, in the early hours of Good Friday morning, accompanied by one of the most famous bands of trumpets and drums in the world. The sculptural ensemble is carried by people, hidden underneath, with great physical effort, by hand on their necks. Try to distinguish how the sculptural ensemble moves in time with the rhythm, crescendos and diminuendos of the musical accompaniment.

For example, at 5:55 the ensemble swings from side to side with a drum beat. At 6:10 there is a change of cadence, and the ensemble moves with a back-and-forth front-attra... the music grows and at 6:20 the music explodes and the ensemble strides forward.

Think of a pipe and drum band... if when you hear it you feel a certain emotion because it reminds you of your roots, your childhood, perhaps of loved ones who are no longer with us... you can understand what many people in Spain feel when they hear a cornet and drum band.

Here the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmKaKZNgI64

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2021, 22:37:28 »
Nico, muchas gracias for the detailed explanations of this event! Very informative and enlightening!  :thanks: :clap:

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2021, 23:14:00 »
I looked up "saeta" and found this example. It's quite moving! And it sounds extremely "Spanish" to me, in the sense that if I heard it without knowing what it was I would be certain it was Iberian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3eW5F60i04

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2021, 09:19:53 »
The diorama's really are something!  The Alexander scenes are really well done, as is the homage to Rorke's Drift.  The religious procession, though, really is special.  The brass-band, the handmade uniforms....great work!!