Author Topic: Nominees for the uncoolest Klicky  (Read 12990 times)

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
Re: Nominees for the uncoolest Klicky
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2011, 22:46:48 »
What is it with the yellow wellies? I thought black or brown would be more suitable when wading through pig poo etc.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2011, 11:03:06 »
Yellow wellies were the preserve of the yachting fraternity here in the 80s to the point that they were referred to as the "yellow wellie brigade"!

Anyway, whatever colour wellies you have bestowed upon you by the latest craze in footwear, you still need to clean them afterwards  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  In the UK at the moment it's really hard to get plain ladies' wellies unless you go to an agricultural supplier.  It's all dots and flowers at the moment.

Just wait till that particular fashion hits the Playmobil designers and we can have the "Klicky with the most lurid wellies" photo competition.

I'm far more likely to lose sleep over men in purple footwear, to be honest  ;) :lol:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2011, 12:35:12 »
Yeah, the brightly colored "wellies" (never heard that term, but figured it out) are popular here too. I like them, I think they're cute. But I don't think I'd want them on my klickys! Too permanent. Playmobil has always been pretty bad with shoe colors on modern klickys. I have so many with yellow or red or purple sneakers. Yes, even on the men. I wish they wouldn't make the sneakers brightly colored, because it isn't realistic, especially when the color doesnt come close to coordinating with the pants.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2011, 13:07:42 »
Wellies are boots?
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2011, 13:08:53 »
Rubber boots, I think, like rainboots or work boots.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2011, 13:54:46 »
Like Wellington boots?
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2011, 14:02:50 »
Like Wellington boots?
Absolutely  :)  Wellie boots being the abbreviation for Wellington boots, and further abbreviated to wellies!

I was only thinking yesterday, Luciano, that your English is better than mine.  As a German friend often says of his English "once you've got the idioms, you've got the language!" 

And as I often say on the subject of wellies .... "There's something very odd about a grown up who doesn't own a pair of wellies" (that's not nationally, or internationally  - just locally  :lol: :lol:)

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2011, 15:29:25 »
Alison, though I first learned to speak Portuguese, I learned to read and write in English first, so sometimes I don't know if I can say which one is my 1st language. And being curious about "my" languages in general, I go out of my way to learn and understand regionalisms, slang, etc. But with British sayings I'm far from proficient, so that one goes under the "New stuff learned today" file :P.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2011, 16:11:29 »
That's one thing I really like about this forum! It's so diverse in cultures & language, that you are constantly learning from each other & it's like being in school in a fun way! I will confess that I'm jealous of how the members whose mother languages are not English do so well that they are understood without a problem! I wish I was proficient in another language! :-[
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2011, 16:13:17 »
Yeah I think it's really cool to speak more than one language. My only other language is American Sign Language. I wish I spoke spanish, though.