Author Topic: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION  (Read 16575 times)

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 09:44:23 »
I was looking through the 2010 Playmobil Exhibition thread (www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=4247.15) when I found this photo.  I think it shows the sort of thing we are looking for, except with the emphasis on a frontier town rather than the "Indian" camp shown here.

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 10:31:29 »
I'm not to far away from you and at the moment have nothing planned in February and would be interested in attending.

I have a few sets that I could display in the themes Knights, Pirates, Western, Native American, Romans and Vikings.

Just  looked at your poster are those dates confirmed?
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 21:36:24 »
Think I should be able to make it  :crossed:
I could add to existing themes or I could bring a circus display.  I also have Victorians but that would be harder to transport/set up etc.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 14:28:24 »
Thanks to Gary and Elaine

I appreciate your recent interest.  I am now looking at whether the hall is big enough! 8} 

I am going to have to rethink the layout in the hall and the best use the space available. With offers in so far I am getting to the limit of what we can manage. I have some ideas, including bringing the airport and construction into the City Life display.  This would result in:
16ft x 4ft Pirate display
16ft x 4ft Knights/Castle display
16ft x 4ft Walters Trains (Winter layout?)
12ft x 8ft Western display (sorry Damo I am going to ask you to lose 2ft of width)
16ft x 8ft City Life  (Elaine - I'll send you the list of my collection)

What I would like to ask you both to do if possible is take a photo or photos of what you would layout on an 8ft by 4ft flat base board - Garry with Romans or Vikings and Elaine with Circus.  Is this okay?

Mark

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 18:39:22 »
12ft x 8ft Western display (sorry Damo I am going to ask you to lose 2ft of width)

:o :o :o WHAT!!!!!!   :lol:

Ok, definately no room for forts ;)

I shall just work with the train, a town, Indian camp, ranch, and Goldmine.

We shall see about the mountain/tunnel when I do my next mock-up with a plain oval

Damo :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 21:26:26 »
Currently, city life is 20ft by 8ft.  What is happening to the other 4ft by 8ft?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 22:03:37 »
Gordon

Bear with me until I have rerun the layout of displays.  Its all in the pot for now.  I appreciate that your interest is probably in the City Life and this remains very much the centre piece.  The extra 8 x 4 is probably still in.

Walter is keen to put up his winter/Christmas layout.  I await his photos of his new displays to see what is on offer.  The larger train layout may be in danger of "over powering" the playmobil city life.  I may go with high street based approach.  I may still be able to include your train.

Mark

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 22:46:50 »
OK, Mark, look forward to the revised layout plan.  I can do train and/or emergency service set up.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2010, 00:05:00 »
I have reworked the layout of displays to incorporate all those interested in being involved.  See the PDF attachment.  Comments welcome

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 07:55:35 »
I have reworked the layout of displays to incorporate all those interested in being involved.  See the PDF attachment.  Comments welcome

Looks great 8-)

Is racing really going to be outside? :hmm:

One thing my parents thought of was how am I going to get to the back of my display table to set things up ??? 8 ft is a long way to reach :lol:

Damo :)