Author Topic: KIRKBEAN PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2010  (Read 16083 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: KIRKBEAN PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2010
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 06:13:11 »
What on earth did they want it for?  ???

We are lucky here as far as 'crime' goes.  There is occasionally a little trouble at the caravan sites during the holiday season but for the most part the biggest problem we have are people bringing quad bikes to race on the sand dunes. 
However one year someone towed away a new caravan from the caravan site and left an old one in its place - and nobody noticed for a few days!!  :lol:

Elaine

The excitement of doing it I suppose.   ???
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2010, 13:17:29 »
Elaine

Are you still thinking of running another exhibition next year?  I would like to know when it will be, though I have already booked our holiday at Kirkconnell House, near New Abbey for next year. (Probably Saturday 23 July to Saturday 30 July.)

Mark

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 17:29:12 »
We haven't actually set the date yet Mark, but it will probably be the same weekend as last ie the one at the end of July/ beginning of August, but someone suggested keeping it open for longer next year.  - You would be welcome to view earlier (albeit in the set-up stage) though.  Nearer the time I'll pm you my contact details to arrange something!
At the moment the hall renovations are going ahead, we've already had the ceiling and lighting done, and the insulation and relining the walls, and installing new heating is in process at the moment so it should look very smart for next year.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 17:47:15 »
At the moment the hall renovations are going ahead, we've already had the ceiling and lighting done, and the insulation and relining the walls, and installing new heating is in process at the moment so it should look very smart for next year.

Elaine

Did you get any say in any of the design, Elaine?

You could have had Playmo-style windows put in, and painted blue on the inside with Steck style castle cladding on the outside ;D

It would look very inkeeping with the ret of the village's historic buildings :yup:

Damo :)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2010, 00:50:51 »
Did you get any say in any of the design, Elaine?

You could have had Playmo-style windows put in, and painted blue on the inside with Steck style castle cladding on the outside ;D

It would look very inkeeping with the ret of the village's historic buildings :yup:

Damo :)

We are thinking about doing something with the outside to protect the brick work - I like the idea of steck style cladding :lol:
I'll have to suggest that at our next meeting !  ;D

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline surfergirl

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2010, 16:33:38 »
Congratulations on your exhibition Elaine. :love:

I think I am the Playmofriend that lives closest to you (Kilmarnock) but was unable to attend the exhibition due to a family bereavement.

I'd love to help you set up another exhibition next summer if that's what you choose to do so please feel free to give me a shout if you are looking for extra volunteers.  :)

claire  :wave:
I wish I lived in Germany!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2010, 18:00:12 »
Elaine this is great! I 've just seen it!
I dream about organizing something like this in Buenos Aires! This makes me want to do it even more. I have the place for it, and that is a good start. I think I should start pulling a couple of ropes!  :lol:
Thanx for sharing the experience!
Gaston
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2010, 23:06:25 »
Elaine

It seems you have started a real and growing trend here.  Collectors frustrated at not being able to give their collection an airing are looking at creating exhibitions.  They just want to show off their collection and perhaps demostrate some creativity.  This does not have to be on the grand scale we sometimes see on the pages of this forum.  The main thing is finding a venue.  There are halls out there run by community groups who are looking for fundraising ideas.  Offer them an exhibition at which they can keep all or some of the takings and they may well be interested in offering up their facilities.  They could also make money on refreshments sold.

Perhaps you can look out for other collectors in the general area who also wish to show their collection.