Author Topic: Displaying Playmobil - an idea to consider  (Read 4274 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: Displaying Playmobil - an idea to consider
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 00:07:18 »
Mine wouldn't fit in a cabinet, now maybe the gym with SWAT protection,......that's a possibility! ;)
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 00:18:09 »
Well, my zoo certainly wouldn't either! But for a small display from another theme, maybe.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 02:08:13 »
I don't leave my Playmo, I'm there all the time the children are there, as are the teachers.
I suppose because our local village schools have less than 50 pupils aged 5 - 11 then it's not too much of a risk  :)
I've found that for the most part they do look and not touch. 
The only tempting thing for them last year was the Christmas carousel - they wanted to see it spin round so I put Sandy in charge of that.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 02:11:27 »
Only 50? The elementary school I live across the street from has over 700 students!
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 02:39:07 »
Some schools in my immediate area have over 1 thousand & growing.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 08:54:28 »
Only 50? The elementary school I live across the street from has over 700 students!

Across the street!? Gods. You have my sympathy.

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 13:58:26 »
Across the street!? Gods. You have my sympathy.

Yes, mine too!
Our local school has somewhere around 300-340 students. They number has been dropping at a fairly fast rate because the school is trying to promote itself as a solely walking school - it only has two buses. Which means that kids living in the next neighborhood, or, kids that are not in walking distance, are being shipped off to other schools.
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 17:12:35 »
It's not so bad. I grew up in this house, and went to that school in fact, so I'm quite used to it. The traffic is the bad part. The sounds of children's laughter is just the sound of home. We're right across from the kindergarten yard, so they are pretty noisy, but I'm so used to it I don't hear it. A while back, they installed a speaker for the intercom system that aimed right at us, and that was really irritating. But after complainints to the schoolboard by us and our neighbors, they disconnected that speaker.

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 18:20:30 »
I think Elaine's idea is a good one, subject to the collector being happy with the school and the conditions for exhibiting. 

I also think the idea of a shp window display is good.  In the UK we have a lot of empty shops at the moment.  It might be possible to get the landlord of the shop to allow a seasonal display.

Mark

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 00:09:53 »
For a few years now I have been putting on a large display up for each of our kids sharing day. It is a day that children bring special items to share with class mates. Toys are not recommended but the teachers do not mind, in this case ;). I think the last one was a huge 100 sq ft. circus display. Our schools always have extra rooms that are used for art or music and they have locking doors. I set up the display about an hour before and then the class (20-ish) kids come in. The Klickies are not tacked down so we ask the kids to not bump the table, but they do. Its really not a big deal and we usually make jokes about what that kid knocked over. It adds a lot of chit chat material after wards.  "oh, that was so funny when Johnny knocked over the elephant and it fell on the clown"  :lol: They are young kids and easily entertained  :P We let the kids touch stuff, we do want them to buy the junk when they go home after all  ;) We and our school just moved so time for a new one  <:>

For our older kids we plan on doing displays when school papers are due. If it is about Egypt or Rome even on a small for called Fort Ross we could make an extra credit display.

We do not have glass displays big enough and the ones they do have are always piled high with trophies (sport children heads on sticks from other schools)  ;D
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: