Author Topic: Pynedor's Playmobil Suggestions (Medieval, Fantasy, Natives, and more)  (Read 17845 times)

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
Wizards sounds awesome to me!
I would love to see some more accurate playmo native americans instead of the standard mish-mash.   ;)   

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
You know how I feel about the Crusades theme  ;D

Actually this morning I was thinking about the tournament stuff and I thought it would be cool for PM to give us an update: I thought it could be a bit like the Wolf Knight theme from a couple of years ago. You'd have a number of sets - say 6 - and in each set you would have a knight and his squire. Though then again it would be cool to have tents too. But that would drive prices up too much.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Though then again it would be cool to have tents too. But that would drive prices up too much.
It probably would drive the prices up considerably to have that. :( That's one reason why I suggested the possibility of using a single one in a larger set for the different knights if they each came with their own shield or small banner to attach to it. But as you said, this could still be expensive; and I think the bronze/wolf knights were highly priced, considering that it was only a single warrior and a wolf in each package. But a rejuvenation of a knightly tournament set or sets is definitely near the top of my wishlist.
~Pynedor~

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
Wow, fantastic ideas! The druids are particularly appealing to me, as one of my primary interests is the Roman theme. :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Wow, fantastic ideas! The druids are particularly appealing to me, as one of my primary interests is the Roman theme. :)
Thank you. :) It does seem that the Playmobil Romans lack many of their adversaries, though I would be on the adversaries' side if they did produce them. :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline doug

• Playmo Fanatic
Some additions to Pynedor's great fantasy ideas:

A good run-down shack would also be a nice piece for either knights or for a fantasy/magic set.  I have tried to cobble  these together from the hillbilly shack, from the nativity manger, from the petting zoo, but nothing looks quite right.    Either an uncut-stone house, a rough plank house, or a log house; with thatch roof; would add some diversity to the steck walled buildings in existence.

Rhalius, I like the Wizards Special+ idea.    Don't forget to include a BAT in one!!  We are WAY overdue....

PM has used the child body for a lot of fantasy creatures:  Dwarf, gnome, goblin, Christmas elf.  IMHO they managed to make these distinct (enough.)

Similarly, I would like to see an oversized body template that could be re-used as an ogre, troll, (small) giant, Frankenstein's monster, etc.  Even 1/2 a head taller than a standard clicky would do.  Maybe a whole head taller....  

doug

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Those would be great, doug! I particularly like the idea of an uncut-stone house, like the Celtic style roundhouse I suggested. Those are really cool if you've not seen one before.

Also, check out the Playmobil MMORPG thread. We were discussing a frost giant and demonic skeleton at the end of the trailer that might be signs of the release of larger/fantasy creatures or humanoids.
~Pynedor~

Offline doug

• Playmo Fanatic
Playmobil MMORPG thread. We were discussing a frost giant and demonic skeleton

Yes we were ;)

While some real giants: 2 clickies tall, like the frost giant, would rock; I still think there is a niche for some bigger figures in the 3.5"(7cm) neighborhood.
 More in the Shrek/Hagrid area, less in "Fe-fi-fo-fum" territory.

Celtic style roundhouse I suggested.
I just googled those!  Really cool designs.  Seem like a great place to find a wizard.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
 :lol: Oh, right... we were! And yes, the roundhouses are great! ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
Excellent ideas, Pynedor!  As conniefrere wrote, they remind me of Rhalius' excellent suggestions.

As a collector of Playmobil's historical themes, almost all of these ideas are very appealing.  The Druids would be great for the Romans, especially the Stonehenge and roundhouse idea.  I love the idea of Eastern Native Americans with a longhouse, as it would work well with the Pirate theme.  I like the peaceful take on it as well.  The medieval life, tournament, and Crusader themes would obviously be perfect for the Knight theme.  Add in some Norman knights, and I would be a very happy Knight collector!  I like your peaceful trade take on the Crusader castle as well, which might make this theme more appealing. :)
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy: