Author Topic: Royal Feast – 5145  (Read 1691 times)

Offline MimmaBlue

• Playmo Fanatic
Royal Feast – 5145
« on: January 27, 2014, 23:02:17 »
Okay, here goes, my first review….  8-)

I’ve always loved the look of this set, so let’s have a look!

You know when you open the blue box and out comes more bags than you expected, and how awesome that is?  :lol: ;)

There were so many bags within the bags!  8}

A close up of the table top, the rug and cutlery and little glasses. I just love the design of the rug. It seems to be a sturdy cardboard, I wish it was some type of plastic, for durability.

Large table easy enough to put together (such satisfying ‘clicks’!). This chair shows the level of detail in the gold parts of the furniture. The cushions on the chairs are a more rubbery plastic, careful with your fingernails!

A small selection of stickers, for the sideboard, dessert cart and a little (tiny!) picture frame. Lovely, simple graphics for such a ‘busy’ little set.

The little royal family. I really really love them. It’s the mix of colours (not too much pinky pink!) and use of metallic. The father and boy both have pearlescent light purple capes. Very nice!

The accessories: Love the candelabra, OMG the plates!!!! Gold detailing is so gorgeous. There is a tonne of cutlery and glasses and plates!

There is a little dessert cart, the wheels roll very nicely.

The sideboard, is lovely, very thick, solid plastic, and when I realized that it opened and had storage space, I literally squealed out loud!!! I was starting to get a bit overwhelmed by all the TINY accessories, but never fear, there is somewhere to put them!!!

So here it is set up in my daughter’s dollhouse.

I really love the set. It felt like there was LOTS in the box, and everything was so detailed, gorgeous and good quality. I love giving my daughter something ‘pretty’ and ‘princessy’ that isn’t ‘tizzy’ if that makes sense? Such high quality and attention to detail and design elements just takes it to the next level IMO.

If there are any photos I didn’t take that (I know I missed under the table) you want to see, let me know.  :)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Royal Feast – 5145
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 00:50:34 »
Congratulations on your first review. It was very well done. I too really think those blue plates with gold are quite beautiful.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 04:04:23 by Rasputin »
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 03:07:57 »
Great review!

I have the older version of this set, but the blue plates and sideboard, which are both lovely, are new.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 03:40:57 »
It does look like a cool set. Great first review! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 17:02:31 »
Thanks for the review!

I have an older version of this set (3021), and I had to go looking to see what it included, as it doesn't have the sideboard or serving trolley (both of which are lovely!).  It seems the older version has a bigger table - so more chairs - and one more figure. It came with gold plates, which I like, but the plates on the new set are gorgeous!  :)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 21:47:06 »
Great review it does look like you get plenty of accessories with that set can see what you mean about the plates and candleabra personally I quite like the food particularly that pile of croissants. As for the figures they've all got quite nice designs the little girls quite inteesting with her dress plus the unusual hair, crown and rosy cheeks but, I think the otufits on the 2 boys particuarly the man with the gold leaflike design's really good  :) 

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 23:41:38 »
Great review, thanks! I like the male's torso design and plates particularly. Probably wont ever get the whole set but may keep an eye out for those few parts.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 01:49:31 »
Excellent review of an excellent looking set.  Thank you.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 06:06:48 »
Thanks for the review.  I think I'll put this one on my list.  I really like the blue plates with the gold.  I have a few from the old royal kitchen, 4251.