Author Topic: What is your least favorite set  (Read 4809 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
What is your least favorite set
« on: January 05, 2013, 17:38:15 »
We hear how members like this and that set but for some reason there are some sets that just bug me. Even if I get them for free I am not able to find enjoyment in them. One set in particular is the old police boat 3539, 3599 or 7872. I must have a half dozen of them and I nor the kids ever seem interested in playing with them. I, if you have not noticed by our collection, really like just about all the playmobil sets but this one has got to be one of our least favorite, and why oh why did Geobra decide to re-release it as a classic edition? There are so many others that could have been better, a train or even the classic rally cars w/rubber wheels.   

What are sets that are your least favorite?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
Re: What is your least favorite set
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 20:53:42 »
my least favorite sets are the knight themes. I really dont like it :)

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 21:47:32 »
Well, MY favourite being the knights theme (who would have guessed!)  I must admit I don't like any of the new siege engines that were produced.
Life in the so called space age...

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 22:18:35 »
Well, MY favourite being the knights theme (who would have guessed!)  I must admit I don't like any of the new siege engines that were produced.

You don't like the machine-gun-balista-catapult-thing? :o  (they're pretty horrid)

I have a problem with the religious propaganda sets... not exactly the content itself, but the rest. And of course, the rabbits are pretty... weird.

Then there are a few of the FIGURES that are plain horrid.. in execution or a general "what in Hades is THAT supposed to be".

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 22:31:45 »
Of the sets that I have, my least favourite is the 3136 - Police Superset
Not that I dislike the klickies or accessories, they have been useful, but the base plate annoys me as it is just a path that goes nowhere! 
Also the orange plasticine that came with it has got grubby over the years too.

I feel the same about a lot of the sets that have baseplates.  The 3134 - Flower Garden  is another example.

Perhaps it's because I build larger dioramas that I find that I don't have use for most of them, and having added the klickies and accessories to my collection I am stuck with filling my precious storage space with the baseplates.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 22:33:43 »
Some baseplates are annoying - that cop one is a good example! I like the garden one though.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 22:45:32 »
Well, of course there are whole themes I'm not wild about, like ghost pirates and those weird jungle... whatevers. But I'll have to think about more specific sets that I don't like. I'm blocked from DB right now, so I can't browse.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 23:09:31 »

I have to agree, I liked the original attack tower and some of the other classic large weapons but the newer round was quite ugly. Even though some of them were historically correct they still looked too toyish (aka fisherpricey) for the other playmobil sets.

Of the sets that I have, my least favourite is the 3136 - Police Superset

I feel the same about a lot of the sets that have baseplates.  The 3134 - Flower Garden  is another example.

Elaine

How odd, I too have a pile of baseplates, but I seem to have way more medieval ones and they are even more useless. I also have a bunch of take-alongs that never get used.

Well, of course there are whole themes I'm not wild about, like ghost pirates and those weird jungle... whatevers.

Those stoned klickies did look quite odd. My kids love the ghost pirates so they are  keepers for us. 

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 10:06:21 »
Not really a fan of ghost pirates, rabbit people, dragonland theme and also horrid siege equipment. Can't really name any specific set though.
Also not a fan of playmobil in carrying cases such as the treasure chest, towers with handles on top and such. Through those things you can't use it in a diorama or stories.

Would be nice if they made a trebuchet if they really want to make new siege equipment.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 10:55:29 »
Anything that involves Scammels and trucks. Closer to 'home': anything that involves pink barbarians.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."