Author Topic: NEW Custom Fire Service Tool's  (Read 21397 times)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: NEW Custom Fire Service Tool's
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 18:58:05 »
Hello  All

Here is a quick update and introduction to some of the new rescue tools that i have been working on. I decided to post them here rather than start a new thread because its an ongoing theme of mine and i would like to form a catalogue so to speak. So without further ado here are the tools.

This is an updated version of the hand pump that can be seen on the first few pages. It has been improved with ease of construction in mind and uses readily available parts, of which 99% are Playmobil.

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2007, 18:59:10 »
Next up is a pair of heavy hydraulic rams. These are mainly used in heavy rescue situations for the pushing, spreading, prising and lifting of objects. An example of their use would be at the scene of a train or heavy vehicle crash where very strong metal is encountered. The top of the ram can be taken off and swapped depending on what task it is being used for. A picture of the different attachments will follow at a later date. To operate the rams the crew would attach them to a portable hydraulic pump (Not Shown in Pictures).

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2007, 18:59:58 »
Here is a new rock drill that I have been developing. It comes with several different attachments including various chisels. A drill like this would normally be used in Urban Search and Rescue situations for dealing with concrete, rock or bricks. In the USAR role crews could easily find themselves having to drill through a wall into the room of a collapsed building. This tool would be ideal for the task at hand and is operated by a portable hydraulic pump (Not Shown in Pictures).

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2007, 19:13:10 »
Very impressive, Tim.  I especially like the carry case arrangements for the rock drill - very neat.

Look forward to seeing more.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2007, 05:54:40 »
Wow, these pieces are cool. Clever idea of the box compartement.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2007, 08:04:07 »
Great customs, Tim! And it all looks very neat and tidy, as Gordon said. 8-)

I like that you use predominantly existing Playmo parts to create your new tools. This gives them a very authentic feel. :)9

Thanks for continuing to share your project with us! :)

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2007, 13:27:22 »
Excellent tools!  Very well done, Tim.

Best regards 

Jimbo

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 10:11:40 »
Hello  All

Thank you very much for the kind reply's :). Hopefully there will be a few more pictures soon. I plan on taking a couple of shots showing the tools in action, this may be presented in a new thread.

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2007, 16:25:46 »
Nice tools, Tim.

You are excellent at putting every detail into place with you customs, and finding another use for every playmobil part ever made.  ;D

Good job.

Ben

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2007, 10:35:18 »
Hello  Ben

Thank you very much for the kind reply to my post. I have allways been fascinated by the type of tools used by the fire service for rescue work. Infact i spend quite a lot of time looking at different websites both fire service related and tool manufacturer's. I allways wonder how i can make them in Playmobil form when i look at the real tool's, there is allways some Playmobil parts that can be adapted for the job  :) !!

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)