Author Topic: Customizing a Victorian Mansion  (Read 3925 times)

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
Re: Customizing a Victorian Mansion
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2022, 08:25:53 »
Mr Tumnus, I presume! 

Offline Chotii

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2022, 04:46:10 »
I finally had a chance to place the pigeons in and on the pigeon loft in the second floor open patio. The dragon and cat are up to shenanigans.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 14:15:08 by Chotii »

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2022, 08:42:19 »
 :lol:
That really made me laugh!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Chotii

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2022, 01:44:42 »
I tried to move the mansion inside and the whole thing disintegrated all over the ground. Poop. I only moved it because the rains have begun in Seattle and the wallpaper was not faring very well!!
 :o
At least I have a much better idea now how it goes together than I did when I started this (I don’t have any instructions).

I did manage to break one of the finials on the dormers. But had just received 2 of them, serendipitously, in a bulk lot of small pieces today! So can make the repair easily.

Offline Chotii

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2022, 18:02:36 »
I like the idea of wainscoting, so here are my first attempts. These are coffee stores sticks glued to a background of cardstock and painted with glossy white acrylic.  The wallpaper is scrapbooking paper glued to a backing of the same cardstock. I am beginning to use stuff called LeMax Sticky Max to hold small things in place, such as the rifles in the gun rack under the wall of taxidermy: every time the house gets bumped the gun rack falls over: boom, firearms everywhere!

The creation of the wainscoting and the custom-cut wallpapers is exacting and time consuming. I am enjoying that peace and focus very much.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 04:37:50 by Chotii »

Offline Chotii

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2022, 19:07:12 »
Modified a grandfather clock to have a functional face. It’s actually running, although it doesn’t keep accurate time.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2022, 09:23:36 »
Great idea that wainscotting! And the working clock is wonderful!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)