Author Topic: Customizing a Victorian Mansion  (Read 3926 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Customizing a Victorian Mansion
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2022, 16:00:34 »
That's beautiful :love:

The walls are amazing! Thank you for sharing.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2022, 19:36:51 »
Excellent looking work so far. That wall color and texture is really nice.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2022, 08:30:06 »
I always felt that massive chimney stack without a chimney below it was odd, you have a great solution!
The textured paint on the walls is really great. Did you paint the walls after assembly or before? I was wondering whether the paint would crack if you tried to disassemble walls painted after assembly?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Chotii

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2022, 00:53:16 »
More updates. Painting the upstairs balcony and the window and door trim is in Krylon “iron oxide” primer with matte sealer.

Offline Chotii

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2022, 00:55:06 »
The dormers are now Krylon Almond, smooth rather than the fine stone texture.

Offline Chotii

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2022, 00:57:40 »
My daughter (23) loves taxidermy. So she asked if we could mount a deer’s head on the wall.  This buck was originally a reindeer and his antlers came from another brand of toy, since Playmobil doesn’t offer a larger whitetail type antler style.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 01:49:26 by Chotii »

Offline Chotii

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2022, 01:01:16 »
I always felt that massive chimney stack without a chimney below it was odd, you have a great solution!
The textured paint on the walls is really great. Did you paint the walls after assembly or before? I was wondering whether the paint would crack if you tried to disassemble walls painted after assembly?

I laid them out flat and sprayed them individually. They are a little tighter to fit together now but not enough to stop assembly.  The paint also covers some of the sins of constructing a single-window piece by chopping up a two-window piece and plastic-welding it to a connector.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2022, 18:18:56 »
I laid them out flat and sprayed them individually. They are a little tighter to fit together now but not enough to stop assembly.

Good to know - I have spray painted some western buildings, and it did lead to a very tight fit. Did you use an undercoat or just straight with the top-coat? I undercoated it because the person in the shop advised it, but I'm not sure if it's essential.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2022, 00:35:23 »
I love the elegant finish and colour scheme of the mansion's facade  :love:

Your work is captivating and I am loving your project !

Cannot wait to see what will come next  :wave:

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Chotii

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2022, 05:13:31 »
I had been wanting a set of stairs with a landing, and this works!! Also decided to go up another story. Cannot really go higher because I can’t see into the attic now unless I stand on a step stool. However there will also be a pigeon loft with realistic painted pigeons, soon.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 15:11:21 by Chotii »