Getting Started > Welcome!

Hello from Hamburg

(1/3) > >>

Sprotte:
Hello everybody,
greetings from gloomy Hamburg! :wave: I have to admit I can't recall playing with Playmobil much as a child -- I grew up with first-generation Klickies (yes, I'm practically prehistoric), and I remember finding them a bit... lacking. I would have liked a bit more detail, and a bit more individuality, and definitely a lot less smiling. And what was up with that hair?!

A few decades later I had my daughter, and all of a sudden we had all these cool sets -- the Stone Age cave, and pirate stuff, and all those Easter bunnies!!! I love the Easter bunnies. At last a Playmo figure that won't smile. (Of course Geobra took care to change that.  ::) )

By now I'm the only person in the household still into Playmobil... my daughter thinks I'm certifiable, but if loving the Victorian manse is crazy, THEN I DON'T WANT TO BE SANE! So there.
Anyway. My favourite themes are Nostalgia, I guess (Western, Victorian, historical figures, some Heidi), Spooky (oh, for Geobra to offer something like the Scooby Doo haunted house or graveyard without the cutesiness and the weird colouring...), and I'm still besotted with the Earnest Easter Bunny. Also, I'm into faces -- I'm constantly on the lookout for figures that don't do the derpy smile. I wish there was one with just a neutral expression...

tahra:
Welcome from Portugal!

Uhm.. a playmofan who doesn't like the playmosmile?  Very uncommon! :o

Pynedor:
Welcome! <*)

There have been a fair number of figures without the classic face recently, but the classic smile part seems to stay more often than the classic eyes.

Tiermann:
Welcome from Oregon USA!

Eplay:
Welcome from the Netherlands!!! :wave:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version