Author Topic: What I would like to see re-released  (Read 7777 times)

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
What I would like to see re-released
« on: August 18, 2007, 17:54:34 »

As its the month of August and things are a bit quite on the forum at present I thought I would start a new topic. As the released truck (5640) appears to have been very popular I was wondering what other items Playmobil could released. Not to destroy the collectors market but more as an older item in a more modern form. My vote goes to the Susanne fishing trawler as it would complement the harbour series. Also the price on eBay means that if you had one you would be afraid of actually playing with it. - Regards Craig

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: What I would like to see re-released
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 18:24:18 »
I'd like to see the skip lorry, 3471, or a variant of it (a version maybe of the new builder's truck, 4322).  It would still be a modern item and still have lots of play value.  It was something of an unusual choice at the time in my view, but then to some extent German toy manufacturers tend to do this, witness Bruder with the construction trailer with the warning sign on which Playmobil are now "copying".
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline surfergirl

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 21:40:40 »
well, being a girl, you can't expect me to choose just one!.....

so....
i wish they would re-release the 3769 western farmhouse, the 3695 snow plough. oh, and any of the cars (but preferably the family van and trailer) in a green colour.

please, please pretty please?

claire :)
I wish I lived in Germany!

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 23:00:55 »
Medieval civilians,please-townspeople,travelling acrobats and minstrels,clergy-and so on.You can't have a war going on all the time,sometimes even the bravest knights need some rest and relaxation! ;D
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 18:27:45 »
Not to destroy the collectors market but more as an older item in a more modern form.

Hello, Craig ...

Thanks for starting this topic!

If Horst Brandstätter said that I could take over Zirndorf's new product design for the next few years, I would renew several themes from Playmobil's past.

The first on the list would be a 2009 re-release of Playmobil's wonderful Belle Epoque series from the late Victorian era. 2009 will be the twentieth anniversary of the introduction of Playmobil's "1900" Series!

In my opinion, the Victorian Belle Epoque 1900 theme that was started in 1989 was never really completed. There are still so many more new sets to make.

Thanks again, Craig. And, all the best,
Richard

Offline starhorse

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 18:52:11 »
I'd have to agree with you Richard.  The Victorian series had an amazing amount of detail.  Interestingly it's a theme that on the surface I'm not particularly interested in, but the way Playmobil presents it makes it immediately desirable. 

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 00:23:51 »
I also agree with Richard.

The Victorian series could have had vintage aircraft, fire engine, farm equipment,
different cars and trucks like a steam powered heavy truck. Steam tractors, steam shovels, etc. etc. 8}

That is one of my favorite Playmobil series.

Best regards,

Jimbo

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 19:29:52 »
Hi Richard and all,

And I most say that I am in total agreement with you. The 1900 series was/is Playmobil's finest hour. One particular set I greatly admire is the lady and hotel porter with the luggage cart. That would look great in front of the house or on a railway platform. I think that the late Victorian/Edwardian period was a fascinating time. With the new technology and changing status of the general public it was a pinnacle of sorts with the great houses and grandeur of style and manners. Which would all change with the Titanic and the first great war.

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 19:55:30 »
Hi and after my last post went to the garden for a smoke, yes I know a terrible habit, or should I say a cigar. When I had a little brainwave. Why not make shop fronts for the mansion house. You would only need two new parts a shop front and a dividing wall (to fit two shops on the plinth). You could then build a street from the Napoleonic period to the modern day. Can I claim 5 pct of all sales profits ??

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 17:14:48 »
Why not make shop fronts for the mansion house. You would only need two new parts a shop front and a dividing wall (to fit two shops on the plinth).

Hmmm ... Why not, Craig? Sounds like a brilliant idea to me!

Is it possible to use parts that have already been produced?

Let's see ... If we took the shop front from the medieval bakery and ... (I guess we'll just have to give it a try and see what happens) ... ;)

Photos "borrowed" from Collectobil ... :)