Author Topic: SUPERPLASTIC!  (Read 6070 times)

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
SUPERPLASTIC!
« on: August 19, 2006, 05:38:41 »
Hey Everyone,

I responded for a fire alarm activation at Hobby Lobby today and while searching the place I just happened to go down the model isle ;D. I noticed a product called ALUMILITE "superplastic". Its a molding kit for making small casts of parts. I was wondering if anyone has used this and has anygood comments about it. Its quite expensive and I didn't want to waste the money if it would be n o good to me  :-\ .

Thanks, Ben

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: SUPERPLASTIC!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 05:59:51 »
It's something I've noticed in the model magazines over here, Ben, but the price and my limited skills have combined to put me off buying.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
Re: SUPERPLASTIC!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 12:02:36 »
Hi Ben,

There is a great site called "MOFREAKY" you will find the link to it on the links page here at PF.

Go to customizing and then at the bottom you will find a a casting demo that uses Quicktime.

The results the guys get at Mofreaky are excellent and many of their customs have parts that they have made with the stuff.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.