Author Topic: Dismantling Swimsuit Klickys  (Read 73947 times)

Offline retronio22

• Playmo Lover
Re: Dismantling Swimsuit Klickys
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2012, 17:33:07 »
Victorian figures cannot be dismantled.I've tried it many times,and the result was to damage the figures!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2012, 17:37:07 »
It's because they are older, and more brittle. I have gotten some apart by using the rubber band method, but the hans-on method is rather risky with old klickys. Putting paper between the torso and the legs helps, so that the legs don't get scratched.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2012, 01:18:03 »
It is better if you use a thick piece of a card board box to prevent indentions on the legs.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2012, 01:23:17 »
Yeah, I use either that or paper folded over several times until it is about the thickness of thick cardboard.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2012, 06:59:57 »
yeah, early 90's klickies give me a hard time too... just a piece of thich cardboard folded between legs and torso and either a strong or a couple of hits on the floor works... maybe also use a pincer between hits, pull the head to make the hits more efficient...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2012, 13:31:35 »
And these days, rather than hitting them on the floor, I crush them between my two hands with steady pressure. I find that works better and doesn't break the feet. You have to cushion your hands though, so that the head and feet digging in don't hurt them.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2012, 14:04:07 »
You have to cushion your hands though, so that the head and feet digging in don't hurt them.

I didn't know Klicky's could feel pain! I'm in big trouble! :o
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2012, 18:17:06 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: I meant so they don't hurt my hands, silly! :P

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2012, 23:09:12 »
I use both methods; rubber-band and Han(d)s-On.

With H-O, I first swap a klicky's legs for an old pair of useless legs to avoid damage/scratches on the klicky's original legs. (you can lift out legs without dismantling the whole klicky).

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2012, 15:07:24 »
The rubber band method works wonders. The H-O is just crule for some clickies  :lol:

Another good method if you have strong hands is just to grab the clicky by the torso and tear the head appart. Sounds aweful but it works great  ;D when the clicky doesn't have a collar or something up the neck.  ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com