Author Topic: Removing marks help (UK based)  (Read 550 times)

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
Removing marks help (UK based)
« on: February 06, 2023, 10:18:47 »
Hi all,
I have a couple redcoats from DS that came marked.
Wondering best way to remove marks (using UK products).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Removing marks help (UK based)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 14:19:04 »
Contact DS and tell them you have received damaged/imperfect items and they should exchange them for you.  Usually, they don't want the imperfect item returned if it is low value.

There are a number of ways you could try to remove the marks.  A wash in warm, soapy water might work and if it doesn't, then a scrub with a stiff tooth brush might work.

There are a range of various "magic mark removers" from, for example, Lakeland and on Amazon, which might work, as may polish or car scratch remover (I've forgotten the proper term).

A glass fibre pen might work (with a need for a polish and buff afterwards) as may various liquids, white spirit, paint remover, metal polish.

Any or all might work but any or all might also leave marks afterwards.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 14:21:43 »
You could try using an eraser (the ones with the blue and red sides). I am actually using micro mesh abrasive grid 4000. This could also be used to remove prints (like the ones on the blue rifle box you asked on another thread).

@playmofire: don’t think this warrants a return. The marks are minor and the print seems ok. (?)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 14:25:33 »
You could try using an eraser (the ones with the blue and red sides). I am actually using micro mesh abrasive grid 4000. This could also be used to remove prints (like the ones on the blue rifle box you asked on another thread).

@playmofire: don’t think this warrants a return. The marks are minor and the print seems ok. (?)

But the item is faulty, so a return is allowable and, as I said, the item doesn't usually need to be returned in a case like this, a new one is just sent.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 15:27:37 »
Thanks all, will see if can get a magic eraser first and give a go.

DS have said they’ll resend, no need to return.