Author Topic: The Playmobil Imaginary Museum Exhibition in Montreux, Switzerland  (Read 2984 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Good afternoon dear Friends  :wave:

The beautiful Château de Chillon located in Switzerland, near Montreux is hosting an Playmobil exhibtion from Artist and Photgrapher Richard Unglik celebrating the most famous masterpieces in the history of Art such as the Gioconda, La Cena or Guernica.

Each Playmo figure is customised with costumes and accessories inspired by the original masterpiece, then photographed and finally edited through a graphics software to achieve the faithful reconstruction of the original scene.

The Playmobil Imaginary Museum Exhibition ( 07th February 2014 to 25th May 2014 )

Château de Chillon ( near Montreux, Switzerland )

Av. de Chillon 21
CH - 1820 Veytaux / Montreux

Tel.: ( 00 41 ) 021 966 89 10

Here is link to the exhibition page :

http://www.chillon.ch/en/exhibitions/exhibition-imaginary-museum-of-playmobil

The magnificent Chillon Castle ( near Montreux, Switzerland ) a medieval jewel by the Lake Geneva

The beautiful poster advertizing this one of kind event !

And finally, some of the fascinating Playmobil masterpieces inspired by the world's most famous works of Art and recreated by an inspired and genius Richard Unglik...

The Playmobil Imaginary Museum Exhibition at the Château de Chillon by Richard Unglik will be an absolute MUST for anyone travelling to or through Switzerland this year  :love:

This area of Switzerland is one of the most scenic and beautiful in Europe and the Château de Chillon is a real jewel of Medieval architecture so the Playmofriends who will be Lucky enough to visit it are in for a great treat !

Karim
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 18:08:41 by playmovictorian »
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: The Playmobil Imaginary Museum Exhibition in Montreux, Switzerland
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 21:44:51 »
Wow, that is a really interesting exhibition, and certainly a very beautiful region. Thanks for sharing the information. ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 22:10:29 »
Karim - thank you for telling us about this fascinating exhibition!  It looks wonderful and I truly wish that I could go.
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 01:02:37 »
Fun!

Though the Mona Lisa shouldn't have eyebrows...

Offline MimmaBlue

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 01:46:21 »
These are all so brilliant. I love the Michelangelo one!

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 04:33:04 »
I have visited the Château de Chillon several times when I was a kid. It's a wonderful place, a real late middle age castle, preverved up to every single stained glass. On the big wall facing the lake, you can still make out, though it's faded, the Bayern coat of arms, a black bear on a gold and red stripes. There's a nice collection of medieval furniture and lots of weapons too inside. And you can buy Swiss chocolate at the shop just outside the castle, that used to be my favourite part of the trip!
I'm a little reticent at Richard Unglik's work, as he is known to have re-used/stolen many custom ideas from other people. But, though he's not a great customiser, he has a gift for taking pictures and he's quite good at Photoshopping them too.

Anyway, I'd love to go there again some day!
Life in the so called space age...

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 07:55:15 »
Thank you for sharing. It looks lovely.
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 12:44:36 »
Hmm some veyr intereting and clever pieces there by the looks of it would be great to go and see it in the flesh. One thing I would say is that if you follow the link to the page telling you about the exhibition photo number 4 is rather spooky  :o