Author Topic: FireChief's Men and The Big Meeting  (Read 8577 times)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
FireChief's Men and The Big Meeting
« on: August 26, 2006, 16:17:09 »
Hello  All

A few months back now Ben (FireChief) came up with a very interesting idea and i couldn't miss the chance to take part. Ben's idea was to organise a joint training excersise where i send him some of my fire fighters and he sends me some of his. We would each train the men in our particular area of expertise. So without any delay i signed Bens men up on my Advanced course in Vehicle Extrication which includes Heavy Goods Vehicles and Heavy Machinery.
After a very long journey from the USA Ben's men arrived and here are the pictures of them being introduced to the fire fighters of Station 21, brigade HQ. Several of my senior officers turned up for the occasion including the Chief Fire Officer.

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: FireChief's Men and The Big Meeting
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 16:18:33 »
Here is a group photo of the fire fighters and engines of Station 21 including Ben's men.
Thank you for taking the time to look at the pictures :)9.

Kindest Regards  Tim  :wave:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 18:47:16 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 21:25:40 »
 :lol: This is a really cool idea!  8-)
And BTW very nice pictures. I'm already curious how the training sessions will be.

Update: Ups, sorry, just realized that the training already has begun in another thread:-[

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 03:05:10 »
Hello Tim,

It's nice to see such a turnout to greet the arrival of my men. I'm glad they all finally made it over safely. ;D

While Tim's men were in Ohio they learned Advanced Hazmat operations, and firefighter self rescue.

Its getting late so I will post my pictures tomorrow...

Ben

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 04:48:18 »
WOW !!!

What a fantastic idea, Ben and Tim !!!

I am trying to think how some of the rest of us could do something similiar. Unfortunately, the only thing that I could think of was to send some of my pirates up to Cap'n Henry for some training in looting and pillaging ... :lol:

Seriously ... There surely must be some other opportunities for PF members to exchange Klickys. I just can't think of what they might be ...  ^-^

Anyone else have any ideas?

All the best,
Richard

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 11:18:41 »
Seriously ... There surely must be some other opportunities for PF members to exchange Klickys. I just can't think of what they might be ...  ^-^

Anyone else have any ideas?

Not primary exchanging klickies, but I've started (very moderately :-[) to collect or customize the avatars of our members here, to -- in a second step -- produce some little stories with them. A first (very short  ;D) one I did some time ago was this little photo. Then I finished the story book of a little short story with Playmofire (I know, I announced it a while ago, but still didn't managed to set up the scenery and make the photos  :-[).

So those klickies might also become quite handy for other purposed, e.g. for making a party with the Happy Anniversary Truck ... but pst, that's still a secret  ;)

In the photo below you can see, what I have so far (it's a part of my showcase for customized PM items).

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 20:26:50 »
Hello  Little Jo, Ben and Richard

Thank you very much for the kind feedback and for taking the time to reply. I really do like the idea of collecting Avatar's Little Jo but don't think you would really like "The Nightmare Man" in your collection :lol: Infact there should be more to come from him this winter  ;)

Kindest Regards  Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 21:53:46 »
I really do like the idea of collecting Avatar's Little Jo but don't think you would really like "The Nightmare Man" in your collection :lol:

Hm, why not? A full-size photo would help to judge better  ;D

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 09:04:46 »
Top idea to do a figure exchange! :D

I'm really enjoying looking at all the topics which have spun off from this event. :yup:

Thank you, Tim and Ben, for sharing this fun project with us. :)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 19:47:53 »
Hello Sylvia, Little Jo  :)9

Thank you very much indeed for the kind feedback. I knew as soon as Ben suggested the idea that it would give us the opportunity for some interesting pictures.

Little Jo:
I will see what i can do in regards to The Nightmare Man but he is an elusive character and would be quite likley to scare our younger members.

Kindest Regards  Tim  :)

(28/5/03/850)