Author Topic: Halloween Special Part 4: The Torso (SCARY)  (Read 3269 times)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Halloween Special Part 4: The Torso (SCARY)
« on: October 30, 2006, 21:51:20 »
Hello  All  >:D

I have saved what i consider to be the best untill last. I will warn you now that this one is indeed quite scary and a little grusome. The 'ghost' has been sitting on my shelf for two years and i really wanted to share it with you on a Halloween. As with the others in this series this story is based on a 'real' haunting. The text has been taken from James Herberts Dark Places and is accompanied by my own representation of the ghost, which was slightly modified due to practicality. I really do hope that this is not too 'scary' or 'grusome' but felt this one was quite fitting to welcome in Halloween, my favorite time of the year >:D.

Happisburgh, Norfolk

The gentle market town here has a gruesome past. Centuries ago one of its chief activities was smuggling, carried out with a devil may care ruthlessness towards human life. Certainly this seems the origin of one of the most horrific ghosts in Britain: a mobile torso, deprived of its legs, its head – held on my mere shreds of skin dangling down its back. This mutilation comes from the waves at night carrying something hideous in its arms. The explanation? An exceptional act of murder – a sailor or smuggler, surprised by other outlaws in the act of unloading his takings, was killed, then to make a more portable lump to drag away and hide, his assailants severed his legs before disposing of the body down a well. It’s probably these lost limbs that the phantom cradles...

Happy Halloween  >:D

Kindest Regards Tim :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Halloween Special Part 4: The Torso (SCARY)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 22:45:17 »
  :0

Your excellent representation certainly lives up to the gruesomeness of the story, Tim.

Well done.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 00:12:11 »
Oh yikes!!! :o

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 01:41:35 »
Oh man!  :omg:

I won't be able to get to sleep now...

Thats really cool looking.
Thanks for sharing, Tim.

Ben

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 03:02:12 »

As I said in an earlier post, you are truly a great story teller and illustrator, Tim ...

And, you have scared the blue blazes out of me ...  8}

Do you have more? ... ;)

Thanks and all the best,
Richard

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 06:18:20 »
Uh, not nice. He's for sure quite angry keeping his loose limbs together.

Very atmospheric picture Tim, well done!

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 17:20:36 »
Hello  All  >:D

Thank you very much indeed for the kind feedback :). All the story's apart from Terry's were taken from books and were based on real accounts of hunting's in the UK. I don't have any more for now unfortunately but i have lots of ideas !! The only thing is, it doesn't feel right posting them at any other time than Halloween, which leaves me waiting another year  :(. Mind you i could allways be persuaded to do some more and post them sooner ;D

Kindest Regards  Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)