Author Topic: Halloween Special Part 2: The Ghost Carriage  (Read 4751 times)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Halloween Special Part 2: The Ghost Carriage
« on: October 29, 2006, 17:57:04 »
Hello  All  >:D

Here is the first in a selection of short descriptions of real haunting's in the UK, taken from James Herbert's book Dark Places. A picture showing my representation of the haunting accompanies each story. As each story is different I have decided to post them separately rather than together as I feel if they were together they would detract from each other. The location of the haunting is given at the beginning of the story. Some of these stories might be scary for small children so caution is advised. I will save what I consider to be the best and scariest for last >:D.

Near Cutcombe, Somerset:

Tight bends can all ways be hazardous, but even the most cautious driver may be fatally distracted by the unexpected. After all, there is no provision in the Highway Code for ghostly hearses, pulled by four headless horses without even a phantom driver to control them. Not surprisingly, then, there have been a number of accidents hereabouts that are laid at the door of these reckless beasts. Why this particular stretch of road? Somewhere in the past there must be an explanation, but as things stand, what causes these creatures to appear here remains a mystery...

Kindest Regards  Tim :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Halloween Special Part 2: The Ghost Carriage
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 19:49:00 »
Interesting story and a great photo, Tim.   I especially like the detail of the skid marks.

Presumably you beheaded the horses with software and not for real.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 19:57:17 »
Hello Gordon   :)

Thank you for the kind feedback as allways its really appreciated. Here is another picture of the Ghost carriage, the horses are indeed genuine headless horses  :)

Kindest Regards  Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 19:59:20 »
Oh, again some headless "creatures" ... this reminds me on Queen's Don't loose your head
Cool photo. I agree, the skid marks are very neat details, and the SWIFT GSI (?) identification plates. Really well done, Tim.
And I also agree: would really be scaring if I drive my used way along and suddenly an annicient carriage crosses my way ...  :-\

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 21:10:09 »
Thanks for the bigger picture, Tim, which shows how you've done things.

Are you going to recreate the scene of the horse's head in the bed from The Godfather next? :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 00:09:13 »
Great pictures, Tim! This one is my favorite. I really admire the way you make roadways. 8-)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 02:50:29 »

I love your stories and photography, Tim !!!

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 17:31:29 »
Hello  All  >:D

Thank you very much indeed for the kind feedback. I must admit that this picture was slightly edited to get rid of the unsightly gap between the paving slab's which were used for the road.
I have been wondering what to do with the left over horses heads Gordon  ;D  :lol: !!

Kindest Regards  Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 19:56:29 »
I must admit that this picture was slightly edited to get rid of the unsightly gap between the paving slab's which were used for the road.

Until you mentioned it, I hadn't noticed the gap.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 21:35:25 »
Wow, that's freaky!!! 8-)
Your Playmo re-enactment captures the eerieness of this tale incredibly well, Tim! :omg:

I particularly like the feeling of movement you have managed to create by careful positioning of the carriage and horses. It truly looks like it's careering out of control around the bend in the road. :)9

The driver in the blue car must have got quite a shock, indeed! :o