Author Topic: More reviews of the new fire equipment  (Read 12702 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: More reviews of the new fire equipment
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2009, 10:45:01 »
So how does the new suction hose fit in with the existing 3880 fire engine?  The answer is it does and it doesn't.  It can be stored on the roof in the recessed area, although it is at the expense of other equipment such as brooms and shovels.  If it is to be stored in the rear storage compartment (where the portable pump goes) it is too long, but could be trimmed down easily enough.  My new slide out storage system can take it, but it does mean putting in an extra slide out above the hose one and, of course, it is at the expense of other storing other equipment.  Quarts and pint pots come to mind!  None of this is really a criticism of Playmobil as, after all, the 3880 has been going now for over 10 years and is smaller than the new fire engine and so complete compatibility cannot be expected.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2009, 10:56:41 »
Turning to using the new suction with the 3880 at a fire, if like me you have used the pump part from the portable pump as the major pump on a 3880, then there is a problem as the new suction and the pump part are incompatible.  On the new fire engine Playmobil solve the problem by using a new rear pump panel with a new style connector moulded in and the old pump unit mounted above this.  However, by removing the towing hook of the 3880 and trimming off the lugs on one of the new connectors it is possible to fit the connector in place of the towing hook and use that as a rear pump inlet.

A drawback of the new suction hose is that a klicky cannot hold it, and the holders used to carry, for example, the water pipes in the construction Superset are too large for the hose.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 11:03:18 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2009, 21:44:48 »
That's a very interesting part there, Gordon. I like the new fittings, as close to actual storz fittings as they can make.  8-)

So I take it you are getting these parts through the UK direct service? Do you think the US has these in stock already?

- Ben

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2009, 21:58:31 »
That's a very interesting part there, Gordon. I like the new fittings, as close to actual storz fittings as they can make.  8-)

So I take it you are getting these parts through the UK direct service? Do you think the US has these in stock already?

- Ben

Hi Ben,  if the UK can get them, I'd have thought that US should be able to, but then with what I read about US DS, maybe not.

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2009, 14:10:10 »
Wow, Playmofire,

This is an interesting review.  Great work on the equipment :wow:.
I don't think I have seen a "real" beater...but I've stomped out
a few brush fires ;D.

Very well done!

Best regards,
Jimbo

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2009, 08:21:50 »
Thank you everyone for your positive comments on the reviews; they are much appreciated.