Author Topic: Favorite pirate klicky  (Read 8097 times)

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
Re: Favorite pirate klicky
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2011, 01:42:33 »
Yes, I like that soldier. In fact, I like EVERY one of the new redcoats. :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2011, 11:09:19 »
Mmm. Fair point there. Still, it's a very very pretty figure. The prettiest figures in this theme do not look like pirates I think... the fat one in 4444 being a case in point :) PM should give us more figures like these.

Pretty figure indeed, a stubble however might do the trick in making him look a little more piraty! It's somewhat of a cliche but eyepatches, hooks, stubble, wooden legs make a pirate lool like a pirate.  :wave:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2011, 11:37:55 »
True, but I really think they provide a very good mix of pirates. Pretty much all of them are unique in their appearance.
Some can make for good civilians as well, in this setting but also in the medieval setting.

It's one thing that did bother me about lego: the pirates looked very similar. I always switched their parts around to create a varied bunch. And then I still tried to not put those with the same chest piece or same faces together to not make them look uniform.

Playmobil pirates where never very uniform, in the first batch the exact same crew of the ship also came in a loose set, which is a shame but the wonderfull thing about playmobil at the time was that any clicky could be a pirate, which allowed for creating a varied crew from the start.

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2011, 04:23:49 »
30 00 6400 - Blackbeard (I am from NC...)  In an online game years ago I had Edward Teach as my character and had a whole pirates theme going on.  I saw this guy a few years ago and picked up the set (5730).  I switch out the hat  for a more tricorne like hat with a white feather.  I wish I could swap out the hook hand, Blackbeard did not have a hook...
Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Offline Kenny

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 20:11:30 »
I wish I could swap out the hook hand, Blackbeard did not have a hook...

Easily done, I think.  It looks like a standard red arm/Caucasian hand.  Voila! -- Blackbeard!!

-- Kenny

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2012, 03:51:43 »
Kenny
I actually puled the hook out and replaced the hand.  Check out my avatar pic for an update.  Painted pants, added some more pistols by adding clips to their opposite sides of the locks so they would clip to his chest belt.
Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA