Author Topic: 4424 motorcycle paramedic  (Read 3158 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
4424 motorcycle paramedic
« on: January 30, 2007, 19:41:32 »
As well as the ambulance, I also required the motorcycle paramedic as part of another trade with Disnoke, so here's a brief review of it.

The bike is the now standard horizontally-opposed engine design a la BMW as used for the police bikes and the previous paramedic bike, with an equipment box  on the bag, complete with radio aerial.  The livery is new, being white and red, reflecting that of the ambulance on a smaller scale.

The uniform of the rider is new, being red with the international medic symbol on, like the ambulance.

Overall, it doesn't break new ground as did the ADAC bike with its satnav, but it is a smart and businesslike representation of a paramedic motorcycle, and looks the part.  It would be nice if it had a blue light on a stem on the equipment box as well as the radio aerial.  (I've done a custom on the police bikes with this which I'll post at some time.)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 4424 motorcycle paramedic
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 21:19:23 »
That's ncie Gordon. I like this bike style. I just saw a photo of the Boston motorcycle police and their style is still almost exactly the older police bike version. There is one department here that has bikes similar to this style.
Here in Oregon I have never seen a paramedic on a bike. EMTs are either in an ambulance style vehicle or are part of an engine or truck company.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 21:42:24 »
Here in Oregon I have never seen a paramedic on a bike. EMTs are either in an ambulance style vehicle or are part of an engine or truck company.

In our area, there are paramedic ambulances and also paramedic cars which have all the capability of an ambulance but without the ability to carry a stretcher.  They are faster than the ambulance and so can get to more distant areas faster and start treating the casualty until the ambulance arrives.  Some paramedic units are based on 4x4 chassis.

Paramedic motorbikes are more common in large cities where they can get through traffic faster and more easily than an ambulance.  Again, they can give immediate treatment, e.g. stabilise the casualty, until the ambulance itself arrives.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 11:36:23 »
Hello Gordon

Another review that is very much appreciated !! I really do like the new colour scheme for the emergency vehicles. As soon as these arrive in the UK i will get hold of a couple for my local Ambulance service.

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)