Author Topic: Miraculous?  (Read 762 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Miraculous?
« on: January 12, 2024, 18:13:03 »
News to me

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
Re: Miraculous?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 23:36:05 »
I had to look it up, but apparently it’s a French tv series.
The eyes just look weird, especially that little girl.
The runway itself is nicely done.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2024, 03:54:35 »
It was announced/leaked at the same time as the rest of the catalogue for this year. I've never heard of it, but apparently France is their second-biggest market and accounts for 20% of sales, so it makes sense as a tie-in for them (and no less niche than the Heidi cartoon).

Some cute objects in the house set

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2024, 04:30:59 »

This will make a decent Pippi Longstocking
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2024, 04:41:02 »
I looked up the little girl character - Manon. Her character actually looks like this.

Not sure about the baby on a stick and cat on a stick creatures but they might be useful for something.

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2024, 20:49:18 »
I looked up the little girl character - Manon. Her character actually looks like this.

Yes, I found her too. Those big eyes and front teeth. But without a nose it just looks creepy/weird. No nose works for the original clicky face, but this…. But if it sells well in France, I guess other people don’t have a problem with it.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2024, 21:58:03 »
Yes, I found her too. Those big eyes and front teeth. But without a nose it just looks creepy/weird. No nose works for the original clicky face, but this…. But if it sells well in France, I guess other people don’t have a problem with it.
It took awhile but I got used to the Asterix figures with no noses and noses are a big part of the Asterix world though I still feel Asterix himself is bland because he seems more like a child playing dress up than the actual character.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2024, 10:41:21 »
Yup, it's French but dubbed in Dutch on Netflix in Belgium too, so my daughter is a big fan. It's cute.

Online JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2024, 21:17:12 »
There is a LOT of PM that won't be available in US stores this year (Novelmore, the new Porsche, Fi?ures 25 & 26, Naruto) but Miraculous WILL be. I was able to pre-order it through my local store. Is PM expecting a US market for this but not for other, more familiar things?

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2024, 22:42:18 »
There is a LOT of PM that won't be available in US stores this year (Novelmore, the new Porsche, Fi?ures 25 & 26, Naruto) but Miraculous WILL be. I was able to pre-order it through my local store. Is PM expecting a US market for this but not for other, more familiar things?

Naruto would have far more presence in America than Miraculous. I wonder if they're hoping to market Miraculous as a generic fashion/adventure theme for girls? Still doesn't explain the lack of one of the biggest names in pop culture unless their manufacturing can't meet demand for the American market until later in the year.