Author Topic: EASY display hack for BTTF III train track wheel DeLorean... I got it to roll  (Read 2472 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
I presume this is a standard mould they have for the DeLorean - so it would require re-designing the mould, for a handful of people who would want to do this trick.

No idea it would be a handful of people - I am actually out of those  :P  - not a BTTF fan here.. (though I like the movies)

It's just.. lame. There is worse, of course, but...

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
I would hope they would have a master plan when they are designing these sets . Weren’t the movies all released prior to the production of the playmo sets ? Just some proper planning ahead of time would/could have been incorporated into the design

Oh well , still love the car and sets Geobra made
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
Seriously it wouldn't be that hard for Playmobil to create tracks that have double rails (4) and fit both the original Old West Train and the DeLorean.

Anyway, I was just trying to provide a quick and easy trick to display the DeLorean with existing track.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
The display hack you did certainly looks great and is quite easy

Thanks again for sharing
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Yes, it was a lucky coincidence that the DeLorean fit. They were ready to either show Doc engineering wider axels or just not show that it didn't fit and leave it to the magic of hollywood. But it legit fit on the tracks!

That's a great piece of trivia. I didn't find that on IMDB. Mind you, I didn't look. :-[
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
Haha, I have watched every piece of DVD extra and documentary and have several books with behind the scenes stories, I don't recall where I learned it :)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
The BTTF films are widely regarded as movie Classics, so there is a lot of interesting info. available about the making of them, something I too find very fascinating.

I found this on IMDB trivia for BTTF3:

"The Delorean's wheels are conveniently located for riding on railroad tracks. The car's track width is 62.6", and the front wheels are 6" wide. The standard gauge used on U.S. railroads is 56.5""

Mind you, I don't really understand it...  Does that mean the centre lines of the wheels are 54.6 inches apart? A diagram would help!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)