Author Topic: New licenced theme: ASTERIX, from 2022  (Read 20411 times)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
Re: New licenced theme: ASTERIX, from 2022
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2021, 17:08:55 »
You guys are probably right regarding the Roman legs - it’s just hard to tell with these pics. It’s funny how pictures of leaked stuff always seems taken with a potato rather than a modern cell phone.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2021, 20:58:39 »
Looks like the Romans are wearing skirts?

Yes, the Romans of 70934 are. Short skirts with sandals underneath. New, high-resolution pictures have appeared at Klickywelt. I suppose it is a skirt like the one Astrid wears in 70040.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2021, 22:26:24 »

"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2021, 22:30:13 »
I was wrong, those are new Roman legs! Obelix has articulated shoulders!
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2021, 06:33:25 »
A few great bits in there. The ox head over the door and the new shields are great. I am not familiar with the comics. What is the dog's name? It's a nice little sculpt.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2021, 07:26:33 »
What is the dog's name? It's a nice little sculpt.
Idéfix (Idée fixe), Dogmatix in English.

Are the comix :) not current in the States? That will limit the appeal. Europe is literally throbbing with excitement – I have never seen the forums this excited about a new release. It looks as if Geobra is making all the right moves at the moment.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2021, 10:12:17 »
First time in ages I want an entire theme. I wonder if the moustaches are separate? Not that you could take them off, there'd be a hole in the face. Great to see new leg and arm sculpts, new hair, muscle arms in lighter skin tone, the bull head... :love:

I see the bard has a set of bagpipes too, I think he had a set the first time he appears, a carnyx too I recall, after that it's always the lyre. Not sure he ever used a drum. Feasting set is awesome and would make a great round table for a King Arthur theme.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2021, 11:21:01 »
Thanks a lot, Macruran for the detailed pictures!

Set 70931:
It seems Panacea (Falbala) is not a Spirit sculpt, but a so called speedo.
Is that a new colour of the boar? Looks like dark grey / black?
Not sure about the looks of the articulated shoulders of Obelix, he looks a little robotic now. Still, it's great they made a new type of klicky for the character and not just a fat one.

Set 70932:
Seems like the roof of the house of Vitalstatistix (Abraracourcix) has a plate to take off, so I assume the houses are closed on both sides?

Set 70933:
I must have that Getafix (Panoramix) klicky! It has a beard that is compatible with the bald klicky head! Great for customs!

Overall it looks very tempting to buy all of the sets - eventhough I don't collect the Roman theme - because it looks so well done! I guess I'll stick with the bard's house, looks useful for a Western trapper's hut.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2021, 07:07:17 »
Some thoughts now that we have better pictures.

Seems like they didn’t make any fat Roman soldiers, which seems quite odd considering most legionnaires in the comics are fat.

Obelix, I agree he didn’t need side articulation on his shoulders. Also, his menhir should be twice his size.

I’m surprised they didn’t make a Caesar yet.

Disappointed we’re not getting a Roman fort … yet :P

Lastly, a thorny issue. Someone mentioned noses. I don’t think these look like Asterix characters at all. They’re just PM characters dressed like Asterix characters. A very divisive issue among Lego collectors is faces and face sculpts for licensed characters: should they be regular lego heads ‘dressed up’, or else totally different, character-accurate molds? As a lego collector, I prefer the latter (see for eg the Lego Simpsons theme). If it’s a regular human-centred licence like Ghostbusters, I agree they should be regulat heads, but with cartoons, eh, I’m not sure a regular head is enough. Of course one downside to that would be the tooling required would drive costs up, especially with this kind of theme where there are mang characters. But as it is, Asterix for eg looks a bit ridiculous, like a child cosplaying as the Gaul.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2021, 07:16:52 »
Seems like they didn’t make any fat Roman soldiers, which seems quite odd considering most legionnaires in the comics are fat.

The commander in 71015 is fat. :)

Lastly, a thorny issue.

It's a matter of taste. I'm happy that they stayed clear of noses. The very prominent moustaches more or less compensate for the big Gallic hooters. The head is so typical for PM figures that even Obelix, who isn't even a proper Klicky (but belongs to the category of trolls, etc.), seems to be a one because of his head. The way to do it, I think.