Author Topic: Malta Playmobil Prosecution and Sentencing  (Read 7806 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Malta Playmobil Prosecution and Sentencing
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2011, 00:47:19 »
There has to be more to the story than Geobra not liking people making customs and selling them. Are they printing them, or is it just a way to go after someone they think is associated with the thefts. A company spending lots of money to stop people from customizing toys and then a year later release customize your own klicky in surprise bags is very odd. I think some info is not disclosed as it might be either embarrassing  or creates further tension in the work place.

If geobra moves the factory it would cost a lot more than this will. From what I heard Malta is not that cheap of a place to do mindless repetitive business labor anymore. Perhaps its time to open a factory in Somalia  :captain:

I agree that it is a tactic to scare people and it works, for a while  :hehe:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2011, 02:26:52 »
i don't understand if you legally buy figures from sets and then sell them customized ,what is the problem?  :hmm: :hmm: , i don't know this consept is really weird or something hidden
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2011, 04:07:49 »
Hmm I wonder if someone feels the need to unload a lot of misc klickes from you know where  :hmm:

Look here
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2011, 07:39:10 »
:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: why so?

Because a lot of them look like I painted them...

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2011, 09:50:24 »
There are two threads going on this and the common theme in both is that parts were stolen from Playmobil one way or another.  Remember, newspapers in reporting always like to get the public's attention and so their reports pick up on something minor to the real case and make it major.  Looking at the Times of Malta reports, the common link between the 2009 reports and now is that the parts were stolen and the customising element is something of a side issue.

Turning to low pay, what's low pay in one country is high pay in another and so when Geobra moved some work to Malta it was because labour costs were lower there than in Germany but this doesn't mean that Geobra's workers were paid low wages compared with the general wage level in Malta.  I imagine that they were above average for the island.  In addition, wages are not the only means of payment and Geobra, like many German firms also offers  non-monetary rewards to its staff.

As for mindless, repetitive work, it can actually be quite nice as you just do the job and then go home.  I've quite enjoyed supposedly mindless, repetitive work when I've had it in front of me.  Creative work?  That's tiring!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2011, 06:22:23 »
Hmm I wonder if someone feels the need to unload a lot of misc klickes from you know where  :hmm:

Look here

:eh?: :eh?: :eh?: :eh?: what seems weird here?
The spirits rule !!!!