Author Topic: new direct service pirates 2008  (Read 7704 times)

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
Re: new direct service pirates 2008
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 20:24:36 »
Almost every auto mechanic that I've ever met was a "pirate" ...  ;D
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:-[ i am sorry if i sounded very agressive with the backing-back-on-toppic comment, lhaap - it was never my intention to do so. :)
You didn't sound aggresive at all! I just wanted to show that I knew it was off topic (until I saw Richard's comment 8}).

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 09:10:13 »
Seeing the crenellation on these DS set (in cachalote's post) and previous pirate-era fortifications makes me wonder why Playmobil didn't stick with this style for the Knights castles.

Then people could continue to build walls whatever height they like (given sufficient parts)  even with system X.

Has anybody tried building a castle using only these lighter-coloured stone parts? I'm guessing it'd turn out pretty expensive.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 18:47:01 »

Hello, Martin ...

Seeing the crenellation on these DS set (in cachalote's post) and previous pirate-era fortifications makes me wonder why Playmobil didn't stick with this style for the Knights castles.

Then people could continue to build walls whatever height they like (given sufficient parts)  even with system X.

Has anybody tried building a castle using only these lighter-coloured stone parts? I'm guessing it'd turn out pretty expensive.

It probably would be pretty expensive!
(And, it probably wouldn't look anywhere near as good as a Steck or SystemX castle.)

What is very fascinating about these two new DS sets (7376 and 7377) is that one is SystemX and the other is Steck System. It is curious that Zirndorf would produce an old Steck System tower when they had produced a SystemX tower (3285) that would have complemented the new DS set 7376... ???

Here is a picture of the SystemX tower ...

Pirate Lagoon (Set 3285) 

Please take a look at the two new DS sets and the original sets that they came from.
see attachments